Sofema Aviation Services (www.sassofia.com) Considers the Role of the Different Subparts within GCAA CAR OPS 1
CAR–OPS 1 prescribes requirements applicable to the operation of any civil aeroplane for the purpose of commercial air transportation by any operator whose principal place of business is in the United Arab Emirates.
GCAA uses the following 5 definitions
(a) Air Transport Operator. An Air Transport Operator is a commercial operator of an aeroplane engaged in the transportation of passengers, cargo and mail for remuneration or hire offering service to the public on demand and not to a published schedule.
(b) Air Carrier. An Air Carrier is a commercial operator of an aeroplane engaged in the transportation of passengers, cargo and mail for remuneration or hire and offering services to the public in accordance with a published schedule.
(c) Commercial Activities. Unless otherwise specified by the Authority, the following operations are categorized as commercial operations;
d) Operator. An operator means a person, organisation or enterprise engaged in or offering to engage in an aeroplane operation. The definition, as used in this Part, applies to Private and Commercial operators as applicable.
(e) Private Operator. Private operator means a person, organisation or enterprise engaged in the carriage of persons or cargo, not for hire or reward.
Is a General Section including responsibility for Quality & Safety Systems plus the organisations responsibility for various regulatory and legal obligations.
- Laws, Regulations and Procedures – Operator’s Responsibilities – CAR-OPS 1.020
- Common Language – CAR-OPS 1.025
- Minimum Equipment Lists – Operator’s Responsibilities – CAR-OPS 1.030
- Quality system – CAR-OPS 1.035
- Safety Management System (Including Occurrence Reporting (ROSI – VORSI) & Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) – CAR-OPS 1.037
- Additional crew members CAR-OPS 1.040
- Search and rescue information CAR-OPS 1.050
- Information on emergency and survival equipment carried CAR-OPS 1.055
- Ditching CAR-OPS 1.060
- Carriage of weapons of war and munitions of war CAR-OPS 1.065
- Carriage of sporting weapons and ammunition CAR-OPS 1.070
- Method of carriage of persons CAR-OPS 1.075
- Duties of flight operations officer/flight dispatcher CAR-OPS 1.080
- Crew responsibilities CAR-OPS 1.085
- Authority of the commander CAR-OPS 1.090
- Authority to taxi an aeroplane CAR-OPS 1.095
- Admission to flight deck CAR-OPS 1.100
- Unauthorised carriage CAR-OPS CAR-OPS 1.105
- Portable electronic devices CAR-OPS 1.110
Sofema Aviation Services www.sassofia.com and our online partner SofemaOnline www.sofemaonline.com offer classroom and regulatory training compliant with EASA, FAA and UAE GCAA Regulations and include vocational training – for details please email firstname.lastname@example.org