FAA 14 CFR Part 145 (FAR-145) is one of the most mature aviation regulations which underwent a major rewrite released in 2004 which was the most comprehensive change in nearly 20 years. Since that time there have been further amendments to promote harmonisation with its European counterpart EASA Part 145.
Our Training courses are focused on the practical delivery of a specific understanding of the regulation which allows the organization to ensure compliance to the regulation whilst at the same time developing optimized organisational processes.
The Aims of the course are to give delegates a detailed overview of FAR-145 regulation. The training includes many practical examples of FAR-145 Implementation and how to avoid potential problems.
The training will also promote the delegates understanding concerning both airworthiness and maintenance principles, including a thorough understanding of the Role of FAR-145 in all jurisdictions managed by an FAA Regulatory environment as applicable.
Understanding regulations driving the 145 process enables you to make the best business decisions and to ensure compliance.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed –
– Definitions and Abbreviations
– History of the FAA
– Introduction and Structure
– FAA Guidance Material
– FAA Rulemaking
Subpart A – General
– §145.1 Applicability
– §145.3 Definition of terms
– §145.5 Certificate and operations specifications requirements
– §145.12 Repair station records: Falsification, reproduction, alteration, or omission
Subpart B – Certification
– §145.51 Application for certificate
– §145.53 Issue of certificate
– §145.55 Duration and renewal of certificate
– §145.57 Amendment to or transfer of certificate
– §145.59 Ratings
– §145.61 Limited ratings
Subpart C – Housing, Facilities, Equipment, Materials, and Data
– §145.101 General
– §145.103 Housing and facilities requirements
– §145.105 Change of location, housing, or facilities
– §145.107 Satellite repair stations
– §145.109 Equipment, materials, and data requirements
Subpart D – Personnel
– §145.151 Personnel requirements
– §145.153 Supervisory personnel requirements
– §145.155 Inspection personnel requirements
– §145.157 Personnel authorized to approve an article for return to service
– §145.159 Recommendation of a person for certification as a repairman
– §145.160 Employment of former FAA employees
– §145.163 Training requirements
– §145.161 Records of management, supervisory, and inspection personnel
– §145.165 Hazardous materials training
Subpart E – Operating Rules
– §145.201 Privileges and limitations of certificate
– §145.203 Work performed at another location
– §145.205 Maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations performed for certificate holders under parts 121, 125, and 135, and for foreign air carriers or foreign persons operating a U.S.-registered aircraft in common carriage under part 129
– §145.206 Notification of hazardous materials authorizations
– §145.207 Repair station manual
– §145.209 Repair station manual contents
– §145.211 Quality control system
– §145.213 Inspection of maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alterations
– §145.215 Capability list
– §145.217 Contract maintenance
– §145.219 Recordkeeping
– §145.221 Service difficulty reports
– §145.223 FAA inspections
Target groups –
Operators and Maintenance Organisations, Regulatory Staff from National Aviation Authorities and MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul) approval holders.
A background in an aviation environment.
Learning Objectives –
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
Secure knowledge of the key components of FAA FAR 145
Provide examples as to the ‘know how’ as well as the ‘know what’ by looking at a practical perspective of FAA FAR 145
Implement FAA FAR 145 within an Organisation
Understand the Interface between FAA FAR Part 145 and Part 43.
Provide a regulatory and industry perspective for staff involved in FAA FAR 145 maintenance
2 days – Each Training day will start at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806