The ability to communicate effectively and to analyze root causes are without doubt essential skills for auditors at all levels. In addition, the ability to produce high quality audit reports is a key organizational tool. The purpose of this training is to identify best practice techniques and behaviours to support the delivery of effective audits. The delegate will consider practices to determine the root causes of identified issues. Consideration will be given to developing high quality reports, meeting professional standards and clearly communicating the need to oblige the business area owner to deliver corrective actions. This course is intended to be highly practical and to help the delegate focus on the 5 elements which exist within the audit finding.
1/ The finding – What is the problem?
2/ Why is it a problem – What standard has not been met (is it internal or
3/ Why did it happen? – Here we consider Root Cause
4/ What is the consequence – risk or opportunity considered
5/ Corrective action disposition – Who, What & When
The outcomes of such activities play a significant role in supporting the organization to achieve its goals to not just maintain, but to exceed regulatory compliance.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
- Abbreviations and Terms
- The Difference between Quality & Safety Auditing
- Post Holder Responsibilities and Relationships
- Considering Auditor Competencies
- Compliance Audit Processes how to be Effective
- Quality Review & Delivery of Effective Audits
- Practical understanding of the role of Root Cause
- Identification of Root Cause
- Managing Root Cause Processes including Analysis
- Developing Preventative Strategies and the role of Performance Auditing
- Performing and Managing Investigations with Practical Examples
- Management Reporting Process
- Effective Audit Communication
- Effective Report writing
- Raising Corrective Actions with Practical Examples
This training is highly relevant for members of the quality Assurance Audit department, it is also relevant for all business area stake holders and owners. In addition it is beneficial for anyone who is receiving internal audits.
A background or understanding of Aviation audit.
- To provide a review of the various steps contained within the audit process .
- To use effectively the five elements of an audit finding .
- To familiarize with effective audit reporting structures and processes.
- To provide for Practical activities to explore the various techniques used in
root cause analysis.
- To consider methodologies to connects root cause to the associated
2 days – Start at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806