A Proactive SMS system has been mandated by ICAO since Jan 2009. The Development of Safety Management Systems SMS continues to gain in prominence and importance in both Airline Operations a Maintenance Organisations.
Developing an organizational capability to deliver Safety Management Training will benefit the organization and allow the delivery of SMS related trainings to be targeted and specific. The primary purpose of this 2-day training is to focus your SMS Nominated Trainer on the most effective processes for delivering SMS training throughout the organization.
The course is not intended to substitute for SMS training but is nevertheless designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the requirement for SMS training throughout the organization. The course reviews all the fundamentals and considers the various trainings, which are required for each group and considers effective ways of delivering the training.
SMS TTT Safety Management System Train the Trainer is a highly practical course, and promotes best training practices. It is an industry specific two-day program specifically designed for those who need to manage, or deliver Safety Management System Training.
The course is a highly participative and stimulates involvement and provides for powerful motivation. To introduce the delegate to training skills and to provide the confidence which can be developed to deliver effective SMS Training within each specific business area.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
- SMS Facing the Challenges
- Understanding the ICAO & EASA requirements and how they will impact our organisation
- The SMS Trainers Learning Path
- Communicating / Giving Feedback
- Review Management and Oversight issues related to SMS Training
- What is Andragogy – Understanding the Adult learning process – Knowles Theory
- Understanding SMS related competencies
- Balancing Presentation, Motivation Debate & Discussion
- SMS Management and Supporting Documentation
- Speaking in Public – Developing your skills
- The Use of Case Studies – Presenting Workplace SMS related Issues
- Communication & Psychology
- Understanding Safety Culture within our Organisation
- Safety Culture and effective SMS Training
- Delivering Hazard Identification Training
- Root Cause and Analytical Processes
- Marketing of our SMS by raising Awareness and Communication
- Risk Assessment & Mitigation
- Trainer Personal Development & Coaching
- Considering Presentation Techniques
- Developing the SMS Training Program – Practical Considerations
- Writing a Lesson Plan
- Closing Debrief
Target groups -
This course will be of very significant benefit to potential Safety Management System trainers who need to have the necessary competence to deliver effective SMS Training.
Quality Department, Safety Department, Training Department Managers and other Training staff will also benefit from attendance to this course.
Aviation background and SMS experience. A comprehensive understanding of how a fully integrated Safety Management System provides a mechanism to proactively seek, identify, quantify and mitigate risks and potential hazards which exist in the business. Sufficient knowledge to understand how an SMS can work effectively within their company and what is required to make this happen.
The course will introduce the delegate to training skills and to provide the confidence which can be developed to deliver effective SMS Training. An essential element then of benefiting from this training is to focus on the issues, how they relate in our work place, and what we need to do to address them.
Learning Objectives –
After attending this course, participants should be able to develop a company specific comprehensive Safety Management Training program compliant with the requirements of ICAO annex 6.
2 Days – Each training day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806