IOSA program is an internationally recognized and accepted evaluation system designed to assess the operational management and control systems of an airline It is a global safety audit program. Audit standards include ICAO safety and security provisions and industry best practices from ICAO Annexes 1, 2, 6, 8, 17, 18 and 19. This program is available to all commercial passenger & cargo airlines.
To ensure an effective and efficient IOSA compliance, the Airline Internal Quality Auditors are required to gain deep understanding of the all IOSA audit process and activities. This course is designed to have knowledge on the IOSA program and audit techniques for Airline Internal Auditors.
Through this course, delegates will learn all the audit techniques of the IOSA program from the top architecture to the below critical activity. Various exercises and examples will support a better understanding of the IOSA audit processes.
Who is the Course for?
The course is primarily focused on the needs of the Airline Internal Quality Auditors to deeply understand of the IOSA audit techniques and to be compliant with the IOSA requirements.
The course will also be of interest to persons who are responsible to document and implement IOSA requirements throughout the organisation such as Airline IOSA Managers, IOSA Representatives, Coordinators, POC’s (Point of Contact).
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
a) The Airline Internal Quality Auditors will understand the IOSA Program in detail to perform internal IOSA audits in the organisation and to determine the level of conformity with the IOSA requirements.
b) This course will provide guidance on the specific IOSA audit skills and techniques to improve Auditor’s competency and qualifications. They will be familiar themselves with the procedures set out under the program
c) They wil get a better knowledge and skills of actual IOSA audit preparation and activities.
d) In scope of IOSA program, they will be able to measure performance by providing analyses and appraisals and to highlight areas in which greater efficiency and effectiveness may be achieved and waste eliminated.
Why should I choose SAS for this training?
Sofema Aviation Services is a Regulatory Training and Consulting company with 45 years of commercial aviation experience and 10 years operational experience. Since the start we have provided certificates more than 20,000 delegates and we have grown for 2 primary reasons!
The first is that we are professional and we listen to our customers and trainees.
The second reason is a combination of outstanding course fees, together with a world beating discount program which leaves our competitors way behind – please do not take our word for it, check it out!
What Makes SAS IOSA Internal Auditor Course – 5 Days Different?
Because our courses are written and prepared by Aviation Instructors who have lived through the regulations and standards. The author of the training material has more than 25 years’ experience as an Auditor/Instructor across the entire regulatory spectrum.
At Sofema Aviation Services our focus is on accepting that compliance with Regulations and Standards is in fact minimum compliance. Interpreting the regulations and standards in a way which enables the development and optimisation of our business is where we should see opportunity to drive efficiencies and cost saving.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– IOSA Program Overview-Benefits of Program
– Relationships between IOSA requirements and ICAO/EASA regulations
– Introduction to IOSA Program
– Disciplines ORG, FLT, DSP, MNT, CAB, GRH, CGO, SEC
– Details of IOSA Requirements
– Abbreviations & Terms, Notes and Symbols
– IOSA Guidance Materials (GM) and Auditor Actions (AA)
– 5P, 1S Policy
– Documentation Methods and Information Sources
– IOSA Initial and Renewal Audit Timeline, Preparation
– ORG and Repeated Requirements
– Safety Management System (SMS) Requirements and Hard Link SMS
– Quality Assurance Requirements and Internal Assessment
– Outsource Functions and Oversight/Monitoring Process under IOSA Program
– Key Documents to be provided External Audit Organisations in advance
– Mandatory Assessment/Observation and MO Check-Lists
– IOSA Findings, Observations, Root Causes (RC), Corrective Action Plans and Follow-Up
– How to write clear narratives for IOSA findings
– Fundemental Internal IOSA Audit Techniques
– Exercise, Key Studies concerning IOSA Audit and Process
– Enhanced IOSA (E-IOSA) Consept
– New concept in IOSA Program (Auditing the Effectiveness of Implementation)
– Auditing SMS Requirements in general
– Usage of IOSA Conformance Report (CR) Template
– Progressive Interlink Report (PIR)
– The Importance of Aircraft System Equipment Table
– How to fill and update Aircraft System Equipment Table
– Method of Assessment for Aircraft Emergency Equipment
– Completion of Aircraft Systems and Equipment Forms
– Verifying the Aircraft Systems and Equipment Requirements
– IOSA Regulatory Cross Reference List
– Competence and Qualifications of IOSA Auditors
– IOSA Preparation Visit (IPV) and Verification Audit in General
– IOSA Future Concept-Digital Transformation Strategic Paper
– IOSA Audit QC Check Process
– Procedures for Airlines/Operators
– Airlines Responsibilities
– Internal Audit Program
– Effectiveness Methodology
– IOSA Audit Follow-up
– Audit Methodology and Technique
– Deeply Understanding the IOSA Requirements, Intension and Purpose
– Understanding and Assessing the Requirements in Correct Manner
– IOSA Audit Factual Evidence
– Usage of Guidance Materials and Auditor Actions
– Auditing Outsourced Operational Functions
– Mandatory Observations, Line Flight and Simulator Observations
– Auditing SMS in Detail – Audit Methodology and Guidance
– Auditing SMS Requirements in detail
– Auditing of Aircraft Emergency Equipment and Critical Systems
– Auditing Performance-Based Conformity
– Auditing Effectiveness (Suitability and Effectivity)
– IOSA Program Options
– Parallel Audits of Affiliated Operators (If Applicable)
– Suspended Provisions or Specifications
– Extenuating Circumstances
– Interim Corrective Action Process
– Active Implementation Process
– Dispute Resolution Process
– Audit Sharing Process
– Recap/Brief Summary of IOSA Auditor Course
– Compliance Monitoring Managers (Quality Managers)
– Airline Internal Quality Auditors, Inspectors, Candidate Auditors and Inspectors
– Airline IOSA Managers
– IOSA Representatives, Coordinators, POC’s (Point of Contact)
– Quality Assurance Supervisors
– Quality Assurance Engineers
– Authority Inspectors/Representatives
A background of Quality Auditor/Inspector and understanding of airline operations will be an advantage.
The Delegates will understand the significant principles of IOSA Program to setting up a fully managed and effective IOSA process.
They will be re-enforced a comprehensive understanding of the requirements for Airline IOSA compliance and audit techniques.
The course will develop the delegates understanding of IOSA Program and how they relate to document and implement of IOSA requirements.
Delegates will learn to continued compliance of IOSA program and maintain IOSA certificate. Besides, they will understand how to support and uphold improvement of global safety levels through implementation of IOSA requirements.
They will gain the required information, knowledge and skills for actual IOSA audit preparation and post-audit follow-up process.
What do People Say about Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“This training offers very good explanations of difficult topics.”
“All aspect were useful, the examples were great.”
“This training helped me to develop some new skills.”
“The instructor is very resourceful and intelligent.”
“Having a visual material helps a lot the learning process.”
5 days – Each training day will start at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.