Multiple external organisations carry out various indepth audits to airlines such as IOSA. The purpose of this course to prepare your airline/organisation for international standards/requirements and audits.
IOSA program is an internationally recognized and accepted evaluation system designed to assess the operational management and control systems of an airline It is a global safety audit program. Audit standards include ICAO safety and security provisions and industry best practices from ICAO Annexes 1, 2, 6, 8, 17, 18 and 19. This program is available to all commercial passenger & cargo airlines.
This course is designed to to effectively understand and audit IOSA SMS requirements. It will help to active awareness by all personnel of the value of communicating any type of SMS information, proactively or reactively, which could identify and help mitigate any undesirable trend or risk to the safe execution and performance of the airline operations.
Who is the Course for?
Operations Post Holders and proposed Nominated Persons (NP) Flight OPS, Maintenance, Crew Training and Ground Ops, Upper/Senior Managers for Cargo, Cabin, Dispatch, Security and Documentation Department as well. Compliance Monitoring Managers (Quality Managers), Safety Managers and Safety Officers.
Operational Directors, Managers, Supervisors, Auditors and Inspectors who are responsible for the implementation of SMS under scope of the IOSA program.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
a) Be able to learn all IOSA ORG and repeated SMS requirements in disciplines, all relationships in details and as deep knowledge.
b) Understand the IOSA SMS requirements in means of an active and objective management review and continual improvement process, to ensure that all information received is thoroughly analyzed, in particular the assessment of risk and implementation of mitigation actions.
c) Get a better knowledge and skills of actual IOSA audit preparation and activities in terms of SMS requirements.
d) Understand the auditing techniques to ensure that the requirements of SMS are met and maintained.
Why should I choose SAS for this training?
Sofema Aviation Services is a Regulatory Training and Consulting company with 45 years of commercial aviation experience and 10 years operational experience. Since the start we have provided certificates more than 20,000 delegates and we have grown for 2 primary reasons!
The first is that we are professional and we listen to our customers and trainees.
The second reason is a combination of outstanding course fees, together with a world beating discount program which leaves our competitors way behind – please do not take our word for it, check it out!
What Makes SAS IOSA SMS Course for Airlines –3 Days Different?
Because our courses are written and prepared by Aviation Instructors who have lived through the regulations and standards. The author of the training material has more than 25 years’ experience as an Auditor/Instructor across the entire regulatory spectrum.
At Sofema Aviation Services our focus is on accepting that compliance with Regulations and Standards is in fact minimum compliance. Interpreting the regulations and standards in a way which enables the development and optimisation of our business is where we should see opportunity to drive efficiencies and cost saving.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– IOSA Program Overview-Benefits of Program
– IOSA Documentation Structure
– Relationships between IOSA SMS requirements and ICAO/EASA regulations
– SMS Culture and Environment
– Baseline and Mature SMS in scope of IOSA Program
– Introduction to IOSA Program-Disciplines in terms of SMS
– IOSA SMS Framework
– Details of IOSA SMS Requirements and Interpretation
– Abbreviations & Terms, Notes and SMS Symbols
– IOSA Guidance Materials (GM) and Auditor Actions (AA) for SMS
– The Importance of 5P, 1S Policy in scope of SMS
– Essential Principles and Elements of an SMS
– ORG SMS and Repeated Requirements, Relationship
– Normal and Hard Link SMS Requirements
– Details of SMS Requirements
– How to Interprete the Umbrella SMS Requirement
– Hazard Identification
– Risk Assessment and Mitigation
– Operational Safety Reporting System
– Safety Assurance
– Setting Performance Measures
– Flight Safety Analysis Program
– Outsource Functions and Oversight/Monitoring Process under IOSA SMS Provisions
– Audit Procedures for the SMS Requirements
– Assessing in detail the ORG SMS and Repeated Requirements
– Assessing of the SMS Training Requirements
– Assessing and Recording Documented Requirements
– Assessing and Recording Implemented Requirements
– Methods of Recording SMS Findings and Observations
– New concept in IOSA Program (Auditing the Effectiveness of Implementation)-Pre-Selected Key SMS Requirements
– Change Management in IOSA SMS Concept
– Enhanced IOSA (E-IOSA) Consept for SMS
– Exercise, Key Studies concerning IOSA SMS Audit and Process
– Operations Post Holders (Flight Ops, Maintenance, Ground Ops, Crew Training)
– Upper/Senior Managers for Cargo, Cabin, Dispatch, Security and Documentation Department
– Operational Department Managers
– Compliance Monitoring Managers (Quality Managers)
– Safety Managers and Safety Officers
– Airline IOSA Representatives, POC’s (Point of Contact)
– Operational Department Supervisors
– Auditors, Inspectors, Candidate Auditors and Inspectors
– Authority Representatives
A background or understanding of airline operations will be an advantage.
The course will develop the delegates understanding of SMS requirements under IOSA Program and how they relate to document and implement of IOSA SMS requirements.
Delegates will learn to continued compliance of IOSA SMS concept and maintain IOSA certificate. Besides, they will understand how to support and uphold improvement of global safety levels through implementation of IOSA SMS requirements.
Delegates will understand to support consistent implementation of SMS and continuously strengthen control over audit processes through IOSA.
What do People Say about Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“This training offers very good explanations of difficult topics.”
“All aspect were useful, the examples were great.”
“This training helped me to develop some new skills.”
“The instructor is very resourceful and intelligent.”
“Having a visual material helps a lot the learning process.”
3 days – Each training day will start at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.