Patient Specimens and Medical Waste are Infectious Substances (Dangerous Goods). COVID-19 Associated Materials must be packed, handled and transported in order to prevent contamination and avoid the spread of the virus?
COVID 19 has created huge challenges for the supply & transport chain. Not least because of the fact that whilst much of the transport Industry is in “lockdown” Their is an obligation to transport to medical laboratories samples for testing as well as many tonnes of medical waste from seriously ill people which needs to be transported to special depots for extermination.
It is essential all staff involved in transport and handling of those materials to be properly trained and instructed on necessary procedures of safe transport of those Dangerous Goods.
Who is the Course for?
This is a specialist course to ensure that all critical staff who are engaged in the supply, distribution and waste management of critical medical product are fully aware of the instructions for packing, handling and shipping of patient specimens and medical waste.
The requirements for the management and handling of “Infectious Substances” are very specific and this course will ensure your team is fully briefed.
The course is available either online or as an interactive webinar covers in details the requirements for both ground and air transport and also include essential safety and hygiene recommendations.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
a) Understand the regulatory requirements related to transport of infectious substances by air and by road
b) Be able to Implement correct packaging, marking, labelng and documents related to COVID 19 Infectious Substances.
c) Understand and correctly fulfil the Safety and Hygiene r requirements while transporting COVID-19 related materials
Why Should I choose SAS for the training?
Sofema Aviation Services is a Regulatory Training and Consulting company with 45 years of commercial aviation experience and 10 years operational experience.
Since the start we have provided certificates to approx 25,000 delegates and we have grown for 2 primary reasons!
The first is that we are professional and we listen to our customers.
The second reason is a combination of outstanding course fees, together with a world beating discount program which leaves our competitors way behind – please do not take our word for it, check it out!
What Makes Transport of COVID – 19 related Infectious Substances Different ?
Because our courses are written by people who have lived through the regulations. The author of the training material has more than 25 years’ experience as an auditor across the entire regulatory spectrum.
At Sofema Aviation Services our focus is on accepting that compliance with Regulations is in fact minimum compliance. Interpreting the regulations in a way which enables the development and optimisation of our business is where we should see opportunity to drive efficiencies and cost saving.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– Abbreviations and definitions
– Legal background
– Shipper responsibilities
– Classification and Identification
– Marking and labelling
– Emergency response
– Safety and Hygiene Recommendation
This training is designed for all staff involved in cargo transportation of Infectious Substances by surface and/or by air
– Understand the regulations that govern both air and road mode of transport;
– Describe the responsibilities of the shipper when shipping COVID 19 Infectious Substances;
– Define UN numbers and Proper Sniping Name of COVID 19 related infectious substances;
– Understand the Basic Triple Packaging System used in transport of Patient Specimens and applicable Packaging Instruction used in transport of materials connected with COVID – 19;
– Apply the correct marks and labels for a shipment of COVID 19 Infectious Substances;
– Describe the shipper’s responsibility for documentation;
– Describe what to do in the event of an emergency; and
– Follow the basic safety and hygiene principles while involved in transport of materials containing COVID -19
1 day – The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.