The purpose of the training is to enable aviation security personnel to present specialized aviation security training courses to selected personnel, utilizing validated material-dependant course material, such as Standardized Training Packages (STP’s) and Aviation Security Training Packages (ASTP’s).
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed –
INTRODUCTION TO THE COURSE
1. Describe course aims, structure and methodology.
2. Describe the development of the Aviation Security (AVSEC) Training Programme for global application.
3. List the scope of a global training programme for AVSEC.
ROLE OF THE AVSEC INSTRUCTOR
1. List the tasks of the AVSEC instructor.
2. Describe the difference between STPs and conventional training courses.
3. Identify the documentation used in STP 123/BASIC.
4. Describe the characteristics of group and individual training.
5. Describe the basic concepts of trainee guidance and counselling.
6. Identify the communicative process and communication techniques.
7. Specify class control procedures and how to handle problem trainees.
PRINCIPLES OF LEARNING AND INSTRUCTION
1. Describe principles of learning.
1. List main use of job aids.
2. Describe process for class preparation and use of instructor checklists.
PREPARATION OF FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
1. Organize a typical classroom layout.
2. Identify appropriate facilities and equipment.
3. Practice the use of audio/visual aids (AVs).
OVERVIEW OF COURSE DEVELOPMENT
1. Describe a systems approach to course development.
2. Identify characteristics of an objective.
1. Describe process of matching test items to set objectives.
2. Describe rules of tests.
3. Identify types of tests.
PRESENTATION OF MATERIALS
1. Examine the principles of presenting information.
2. Demonstrate knowledge and skills required for effective presentation.
ASSESSMENT OF PERFORMANCE
1. Define trainee evaluation.
2. Describe steps in evaluation.
3. List remedial actions for poor performance.
FAMILIARIZATION WITH STP 123/BASIC
1. Review STP documentation and use.
2. Examine the component parts of an STP lesson plan.
3. Identify STP training aids.
4. Practice presenting selected STP material.
1. Demonstrate ability to present modules from an STP.
SYNDICATE PRESENTATIONS (continued)
1. Evaluate the training activities of the course.
Target Groups –
Aviation personnel currently assigned or about to be assigned aviation security duties.
a) Personnel who are experienced in operational aviation security matters;
b) Have satisfactorily completed post-secondary school or equivalent;
c) Have written and oral command of the language of instruction;
d) Trainees should have attended a specialized aviation security course, such as BASIC/SUPERVISORY/MANAGEMENT training.
Learning Objectives –
Upon completion of this course, trainees will be able to:
a) Conduct AVSEC training applying the general principles of learning and instruction;
b) Correctly present validated material-dependant training courses;
c) Identify, select and prepare appropriate teaching aids;
d) Develop or modify training objectives and tests as appropriate to meet national requirements; and
e) Identify and use various instructional methods as appropriate.
5 Days – Each training day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806