The Role of Ground Operations & Ground Handling, Compliance Monitoring & Auditing is an important role involving many of the following tasks –
-Third-Party supplier audits of contracted Ground Handling providers, including audit reporting and follow-up
-Administering the completion of the Ground Operations compliance monitoring plan
-Managing the Ground Operations audits and compliance monitoring inspection audit plan.
-Close cooperation with Ground Operations department, including regular meetings and tracking of outstanding findings
-Active engagement with compliance related projects
A fully integrated Compliance Monitoring is able to deliver far more than the simple identification of non-compliance.
This course was developed to be equally relevant for those Operators for whom Compliance Monitoring and Quality Systems are new concepts and those for whom the new requirements are simply a transition from their existing systems. This course was also designed to give delegates sufficient theoretical auditor training for them to then continue on to an in-company auditor training programme.
The course looks in detail at maximising the effectiveness and ensuring the strongest possible Compliance Monitoring and reporting function.
The course also deals with effective auditing of the Ground Operations a and Ground Handling Environment
Who is the Course for?
The course is designed for persons who need to manage Ground OPS and Ground Handling Audit Programs. IT is also appropriate for any person who is choosing to develop auditing competence in a ground handling environment
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
a) To be able to explain the key elements required to manage the organisations Ground Operations & Ground Handling Quality Assurance System processes to both ensure compliance and to deliver maximum effectiveness.
b) Understand the regulations which drive Quality Audit Requirements
c) To consider in depth Compliance Management Auditing and to raise an understanding of the various roles of a quality system within the organisation
d) Ability to focus on effective identification of root cause analysis and promotion of positive action.
e) To be able to place a clear priority on best practice management within a strong quality assurance “compliance-based” system.
f) Understand techniques to focus on the organisational issues during the audit including the relationship within the work place and responsibility to address issues.
g) Understanding how an effective Quality Assurance system can support the effectiveness of the organisation
Why Should I Choose SAS for the training?
Sofema Aviation Services a Regulatory training and consulting company with 45 years of commercial aviation experience and 12 years of operational experience. Since we started we have provided certificates to approx 30 000 delegates we have grown for 2 primary reasons!
The first is that we are professional and we listen to our customers. Please visit our download area as an example of how we engage with our customers.
The second is not only the fact that our prices are far more cost-effective than our competitors it is that our discount program leaves all the others way behind – please do not take our word for it check it out!
What Makes SAS Compliance Monitoring for Ground Operations and Ground Handling – 3 Days Different?
Because our courses are written by people who have lived through the regulations. The author of the training material has more than 25 years’ experience as an auditor across the entire regulatory spectrum.
At Sofema Aviation Services our focus is on accepting that compliance with Regulations is in fact minimum compliance. Interpreting the regulations in a way that enables the development and optimisation of our business is where we should see an opportunity to drive efficiencies and cost-saving.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– Abbreviations and Terms
– Auditing Principles – ISO, IATA & ICAO
– Regulatory Drivers for Ground Handling & Ground Operations
– Introduction to ISAGO Compliant Aviation Auditing – Best Behaviour
– QMS & SMS Relationship Challenges and Misconceptions
– The role of the Quality Auditor – What are the challenges we face?
– Regulatory responsibilities of the Compliance Manager
– Requirements of Compliance Monitoring Systems
– Accountable Manager and Post Holder Responsibilities and Relationships The Challenges of Effective Compliance Auditing
– Auditor Competency and Development Issues
– Types and Relationship of Audits
– Where to use System and Process Audits?
– Developing a Quality System for Effective Oversight – Workshop
– How to Physically Perform an Audit – Where are the Challenges?
– The role of Surveillance Audits, Observation & Witnessing of related activities
– Developing your interview skills – Best Practice
– Understanding the Psychology of an Aviation Auditee
– Delivering an Audit – Interview Techniques – Practice –Using Psychology
– Corrective Action (CA) Preventative Action (PA)
– Developing an Audit Plan – Objectives, Criteria, Capacity Planning, Delivery.
– Audit Checklists Management, Development and Validation – Use of Checklists during the Audit
– Maintaining Documentation and Records within the QMS
– Audit Plan Exercise 1
– Dealing with Situations arising during the Audit / Communication
– Managing Meetings to Open and Close the Audit
– The Role of Root Cause Analysis Related to Compliance Audits
– Developing Root Cause Analysis Techniques
– Debrief & Close
This course is intended for anyone who is involved in the implementation, running or ongoing management of a Compliance Monitoring System within a Ground Operations or Ground Handling Environment.
This course is also intended for anyone wishing to undertake the role of an auditor within a Ground OPS Environment. It may also be suitable for any other individuals connected with air operations who wish to expand their knowledge of the functioning of aviation systems (the Compliance Monitoring System basic requirements are similar in most spheres of Aviation).
It is beneficial for participants to have at least a basic understanding of the principles behind Operator management systems although this is not essential.
Upon completion of this course, it is anticipated that participants with good aptitude will be competent to undertake a role in the management and/or audit function of a Compliance Monitoring System within a Ground Operations or Ground Handling Environment.
What do People Say about Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“The content of the course will be very useful for my future practices.”
“All my expectations are met.”
“The course really contributed to expanding my knowledge in that area.”
“The instructor really added up to me understanding the topic.”
“The presentation made the material so much more comprehensible.”
This course runs for 3 days as a stand-alone course. Course commences at 09:00 and ends at 17:00 with a lunch break of 1 hour and coffee breaks in the morning and afternoon.
Timings may be adjusted as agreed on the day, between instructor and participants.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806