This course is offered as both recurrent training as well as an opportunity to enable existing Aviation Auditors to upskill and enable full engagement with a Risk-Based Oversight Audit System.
Understand how to consider and measure an existing baseline level and how to transition to a risk-based oversight audit cycle.
What is Risk-Based Oversight (RBO)?
EASA is increasingly focusing on the introduction of Performance (Risk) Based Regulation (PBR) as a complement to a Prescriptive (Compliance Based) Regulation. With the goal of ensuring the best allocation of resources to both understand the risk facing the business together with the development of appropriate mitigations.
Note – The existing compliance-based prescriptive audit system typically becomes a baseline on which a prescriptive system is built.
During Part 1 of the course, we will consider the fundamental elements of a Risk-Based Auditing Program together with the value of measuring the organizational effectiveness to meet the objective of driving performance improvements.
During Part 2 we will consider in detail the impact of Risk-Based Auditing in the typical business areas with which an organization shows compliance to the requirements of IOSA.
Who is the course for?
This course is made for personnel involved in organizational development, risk management, and auditing within the aviation industry. It is particularly beneficial for aviation managers, auditors, quality assurance personnel, and individuals responsible for ensuring compliance with the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) regulations and implementing effective risk-based auditing practices within their organizations.
What are the Benefits of Attending this Training?
a) Understand the various techniques for building a Risk-Based Auditing Program
b) Learn how to interpret findings in the context of Risk.
c) Gain a fundamental understanding of the principles to be found within a regulatory risk and performance-based oversight system.
d) Develop a detailed understanding of the roles and responsibilities related both to the Compliance Oversight and Risk-Based Oversight systems.
e) Understand the management of Performance Standards and how they may be developed within your organization.
f) Understand how to assess the effectiveness of an EASA Management System/IOSA Program
g) Learn the does and don’ts of Aviation Risk-Based Performance Audit Best Practices –what works Best –Why & How?
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
• Regulatory Risk and Performance-Based Oversight Fundamentals
• Business Risk Management Principles
• How to Perform Risk Profiling
• The key components of a Risk-Based Oversight Audit System
• Categories of Risk to be Considered Related to Risk-Based Audit
• Risk-Based Audit Methodology Overview
• The role and responsibilities of an Internal Auditor in a Risk-Based Audit
• Risk Based on Internal Audit Methodology compared to Traditional Audit approaches
• How to Interpret Audit Findings to support the Organization Data Capture and Data Analysis Processes
• Roles and Responsibilities related to Risk Communication
• The need for moving towards Risk-Based Audit Program
• A Comprehensive Risk-Based Audit Model Assessment Tool
o General Organisational/Operational Risk Parameters
o Compliance Monitoring Functions Parameters
o Safety Performance Parameters
• How to transition from Compliance-Based Audit Program to a Risk-Based Audit Program – What changes?
• Developing & Planning Your Risk-Based Audit Program
• Conducting Risk-Based Audits in the following business areas in accordance with the Risk-Based Audit Program
o Organisation Control (ORG)
o Flight Dispatch (DSP)
o Aircraft Engineering and Maintenance (MNT)
o Cabin Operations (CAB)
o Ground Handling (GRH)
o Cargo Operations (CGO)
o Operational Security (SEC)
o Flight Operations (FLT)
This Course is suitable for Competent Authority Members, Existing Quality & Safety Managers & Auditors as well as other stakeholders interested in the functioning of a risk-based audit program
A background understanding related to aviation Quality and Safety is Necessary to fully engage with this training as well as an awareness of Risk Management Principles
Achieve a full understanding of the key components within a risk-based oversight audit program.
• Understand the different techniques used to develop safety performance indicators
• Be able to engage with the principles of risk measuring
• Be Able to explain the process of Risk-Based Oversight
What do People Say About Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“This training offers very good explanations of difficult topics.”
“All aspects were useful, the examples were great.”
“This training helped me to develop some new skills.”
“The instructor is very resourceful and intelligent.”
“Having a visual material helps a lot in the learning process.”
2 Days –To commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806