When dealing with the complex technical systems involved in air transport and the extensive competition, the consequences of unreliable services become critical and may include –
A high cost of operation;
A loss of productivity;
Incidents, and exposure to accidents.
To this end, aircraft operability is considered as one of the major requirements by air operators. Aircraft operability is the aircraft’s ability to meet the operational requirements in terms of operational reliability (i.e. the percentage of scheduled flights that depart and arrive without incurring a chargeable technical/operational interruption).
Reliability programs form an essential element of the continuing airworthiness process and in fact are mandatory when aircraft are managed using MSG methodology.
The purpose of a reliability program is to ensure that the aircraft maintenance program tasks are effective and their periodicity is adequate, in addition the reliability program may result in the escalation or deletion of a maintenance task, as well as the de-escalation or addition of a maintenance task.
Whilst the primary purpose is to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Aircraft Maintenance Program, we can use the reliability program to support both the optimisation and development of the maintenance program.
Reliability data is also collected and analysed by the manufacturer as a tool to optimise the maintenance process and such information is typically considered by the MRB working groups.
This intensive 3 Day practical course is specifically aimed at organisational personnel who are required to actively control and deliver the aircraft reliability program.
The training focuses on the gathering and processing of data. The display of Reliability Data and the way in which this data may be used to benefit the maintenance program.
Who is the Course for?
It is for persons who are involved in the technical management of Commercial Aircraft Maintenance (CAMO), In Particular Persons with responsibility for the Reliability function. Technical Engineering, Maintenance Planning, CAMO Quality Auditors, Technical Records as well as anyone with an interest to achieve an effective interface between the reliability function and other departments within the organisation.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
a) Understand the role of Reliability within the CAMO group
b) Understanding how an effective reliability program can drive operational optimizations
c) Develop enhanced awareness of warranty related benefits
d) Consider the role of reliability driven Aircraft System and Vendor Service Bulletin implementation
e) Achieve a solid understanding related to Subpart G Reliability related Continued Airworthiness Management (CAM) Regulatory Requirements
f) Be able to explain the purpose and operational functionality of the Reliability process within your organisation.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– Introduction To Aircraft Maintenance Programming & The Role Of Reliability
– Why is Reliability data important? Effective Use for Continuing Airworthiness Operator Responsibility
– Maintenance Planning Engineering Function
– Measuring the Effectiveness of the Maintenance Planning Process
– Managing check findings in the context of reliability
– Understanding Strip reports and working with workshop data
– Aircraft Maintenance Programme – Reliability Compliance
- M.A.6.1 APPLICABILITY
- M.A.6.2 APPLICABILITY CAMO OPERATOR OF SMALL FLEETS
- M.A.6.3 ENGINEERING JUDGEMENT
- M.A.6.5 RELIABILITY PROGRAMME
- APPENDIX II TO AMC M.A.711(A)(3) SUB-CONTRACTING OF CONTINUING AIRWORTHINESS MANAGEMENT TASKS
– Measures of Reliability
- FACTORING IN STRESS & FATIGUE
- MODELLING FAILURE DATA & CALCULATING RELIABILITY
– General Introduction to Aircraft Reliability Systems
- ELEMENTS OF RELIABILITY
- RELIABILITY PROGRAMME
– Structure of the Reliability Programme
– Reliability Programme Administration
– Managing Competencies within a Reliability Framework
– Managing External Information Sources
– Developing Reliability Procedures
– Corrective Actions
– Reporting & Sources of Data
- RELIABILITY INDICATORS
- WORKSHOP DATA
– Indicators of Structural Reliability
– Indicators of Aircraft Components Reliability
– Engine Reliability Program (Engine Condition Trend Monitoring (ECTM))
– Presenting Reliability Data
– Reliability Driven Optimization
– Standard Deviation
– Reliability Auditing
– Performance Standards Setting Reliability Alert Levels
– The Benefits of an Effective Reliability Program
– Abbreviations & Terms
CAMO staff involved in managing the Maintenance or Reliability programs, Reliability Staff and other staff with technical involvement in the Aircraft reliability processes.
A background in an aviation airworthiness environment. Detailed awareness of Part M CAMO obligations and processes.
A reliability program provides an appropriate means of monitoring the effectiveness of the maintenance program. This training covers all elements required to ensure you achieve the maximum benefit from your Reliability Program.
General Introduction to Aircraft Reliability Systems, Structure and Development of the Reliability Program, Measures of Reliability & Performance Standards, Reliability Analysis and Interpretation, Presenting Reliability Data. Engine Reliability Program, Reliability Programme Administration, Reliability Driven Optimization, Measuring the Effectiveness of the Maintenance Planning Process.
What do People Say about Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“The instructor used the right words to explain the material.”
“The discussions among the group were very beneficial.”
“The instructor showed a very resourceful background and experience.”
“All sections of the course were related to my field.”
“Adequate answers were given to specific questions.”
3 days – The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806