This course has been developed to meet the needs of existing aviation system safety practitioners, who continue to build competence in the practical management of an effective SMS system.
Aviation is an incredibly complex business environment. Demands placed on the organization and individuals to deliver are often considerable and place a burden on key individuals.
Aimed at continuing the development of additional skills related to Safety System activities including Performance Monitoring, Safety Auditing, Root Cause Analysis as well as Incident Investigation.
The ability to understand exposure and to analyze root causes are essential skills for auditors and managers alike, this course helps the delegate to focus on the primary elements within a finding or issue.
Aircraft accident and incident investigations call on a multi-discipline approach to fact-finding reconstruction and determination. As a representative or stakeholder who is active in observing or supporting the process, it is essential to have a strong understanding of aircraft accident investigation and reconstruction methodology.
Who is the Course for?
This course is highly also beneficial for persons involved who have specific roles within the organizations SMS including Accountable Managers, Nominated Persons, Safety System Stakeholders and Inspectors, Operations Directors, and Supervisors. Quality and Safety Managers and Safety Auditors. The course will also be of interest to Regulatory Authority Inspectors.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
a) To achieve an understanding related to the investigation methodology to ensure compliance with legislation, regulations, and national requirements.
b) Identify the key requirements and steps in the investigation process.
c) To be able to identify Root Cause to identify direct, contributing, and causal factors to deliver maximum effectiveness.
d) To be able to assess and develop Safety Performance Indicators.
e) Understand techniques to focus on the organizational issues and develop an appropriate response.
f) Gain a detailed awareness of the philosophy of Safety System Auditing.
g) Be able to fully engage with the assessment of the Acceptable Level of Safety.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
- Definitions and Abbreviations
- General Introduction – Regulatory framework and international requirements (ICAO-SMS framework, EASA, FAA, IATA)
- Sharing our SMS Understandings
- The Difference between Safety Assurance and Quality Assurance
- Advanced Safety Auditing Techniques
- Human Factors Analysis and Classification System (HFACS)
- Change Management
- The Relationship Between Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance
- Performing a Safety Risk Assessment
- Understanding Complex Problems & Determination of Root Cause
- Practical Understanding of the role of Root Cause
- Identification of Root Cause
- How to Approach Contributory Factors, Risk and Severity
- Common Errors in Aviation Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Effective Aviation System Root Cause Analysis using 5 Why & Fishbone Techniques together
- Considering Aviation Safety System Performance Indicators
- Safety Performance Targets (SPT)
- Alert Levels and Safety Performance Indicators (SPIs)
- Introduction to the Task of Aircraft Accident Investigation
- Performing and Managing Investigations
- Investigation and Analysis Risk and Exposure
- Investigation -Key Stages Review Fact Finding, Analysis, Conclusions, Recommendations, Final Report
- Human Factors Considerations and Integration into the Aircraft Accident Analytical Process.
- Interview Preparation Techniques and Methods
- Investigator Responsibilities and Reporting Obligations
- Considering Mitigations and Recommendation Proposals
- Developing an Objective Report
Safety Managers, Safety Investigation Staff, Safety System Audit staff, Members of the safety action group, safety experts, SMS stakeholders.
To re-enforce a comprehensive understanding of the best practices to ensure an effective SMS systems including an understanding of the methodology used to determine root cause and develop appropriate responses.
How to identify areas which need special attention and how to focus our efforts on making sure we have a comprehensive understanding of multiple root causes.
SMS Regulatory framework (ICAO-SMS framework, EASA, FAA, IATA), Advanced Safety Auditing Techniques & Safety Risk Assessment. Practical Understanding of Root Cause Techniques, Safety Performance Targets (SPT) Alert Levels and Safety Performance Indicators (SPIs). Performing and Managing Investigations & Key Stages Review.
What do People Say about Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“This training offers very good explanations of difficult topics.”
“All aspect were useful; the examples were great.”
“This training helped me to develop some new skills.”
“The instructor is very resourceful and intelligent.”
“Having a visual material helps a lot the learning process.”
3-days – each day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806