This intensive 3 Day course is specifically designed to focus on needs of the Safety and Quality Department to ensure delivery to exacting standards. The course is highly participative, and assumes prior knowledge of SMS requirements and objectives.
The airport is a busy and dynamic environment with many stakeholders required to integrate into a unified SMS process. An effective SMS is about identifying exposure to risk as felt by the entire business.
The primary focus of the training is to support the delegates need to deliver effective management of safety including the process to measure risk and exposure and the development of mitigation strategies.
Who is the Course for?
Airport Managers, Nominated Persons, Regulatory Authority Personnel, Quality & Safety Practitioners and other stakeholders.
What is the Benefit of this Training –What will I learn?
Detailed understanding of the Regulatory Drivers to ensure compliance
Achieve a practical understanding of the best practice management techniques and safety mechanisms to ensure compliance
Understand techniques to ensure performance monitoring and measurement.
Understand practical planning considerations
Understand how to develop and manage active procedures
Why Should I choose SAS for the training?
Sofema Aviation Services a Regulatory training and consulting company with 45 years commercial aviation experience and 10 years operational experience. Since we started we have provided certificates to approx 15,000 delegates we have grown for 2 primary reasons!
The first is that we are professional and we listen to our customers. Please visit our download area as an example of how we engage with our customer https://sassofia.com/download-area/ .
The second is not only the fact that our prices are far more cost effective than our competitors it is that our discount program leaves all the others way behind – please do not take our word for it check it out! https://sassofia.com/sas-customer-benefits/sas-discount-program/
What Makes Progressive Management of Airport Safety Management System – 3 Days Different?
Because our courses are written by people who have spent many years fully engaged within the Aviation System we are very familiar with the potential risk areas, as well as challenges and opportunities to develop effective working practices.
At Sofema Aviation Services our focus is on accepting that compliance with EASA Regulations and other Industry led compliance requirement’s is in fact minimum compliance.
We are specialised in Interpreting the regulations in a way which enables the development and optimization of our business. Our goal is to help our clients seek opportunities to drive efficiency and cost saving.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed –
– SMS Introduction and current industry status
– Review of the regulations applicable to Flight safety management division.
– SMS Gap Analysis What is the current Status of “our” SMS
– SMS Flight Safety Considerations
– Integrating Flight Safety Management into the operational process
– Recognition and ongoing management of Threats
– Risk Assessment & Risk Management
– Root Cause Analysis
– Advanced Risk Analysis
– Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Assessment Processes – an integrated approach
– Risk re-evaluation and Mitigation management
– Internal reporting into our SMS – how effective is it?
– SMS Developments and the Management of Change
– Our SMS Training Program – how effective is it and how to measure?
– Safety Communication within the organisation – how to measure the effectiveness?
– Optimizing Safety Culture to promote SMS behaviour
– Data Gathering Techniques – evaluation of current and future practices
– Review and assessment of the Emergency Response Planning Process
– Developing our SMS progress and development plan
– General Debrief and Questions
Target groups –
Aerodrome Management and Operational Staff, Safety Managers, Quality Managers, Aerodrome Safety Personnel, Regulators and Airport SMS Stake holders.
A background in an airport environment is an advantage, specific SMS competencies are essential.
Learning Objectives –
– Understand the techniques used to determine risk and develop mitigation’s
– Understand the purpose and methodology of proactive SMS
– Understand the process by which an SMS should continue to develop within an Aerodrome Environment
– Be able to develop an effective process for the continuing management of a fully compliant SMS
3 days – Each Training day will start at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806