The purpose of this training is to identify best practice techniques and behaviours to support the delivery of effective audits. The delegate will consider practices to determine the root causes of identified issues.
Effective audits should ensure that we deliver “real” audits which identify any gaps in regulatory or organisational compliance. Which in turn should generate findings leading to corrective and preventive actions together with relevant follow-up tasks.
A typical issue found with the quality assurance environment is often the lack of detail and understanding related to the auditee’s need to address the Root Cause of any finding.
Consideration will be given to developing high quality reports, meeting professional standards and clearly communicating the need to oblige the business area owner to deliver corrective actions. This course is intended to be highly practical and to help the delegate focus on the 5 elements which exist within the audit finding.
1/ The finding – What is the problem?
It is important that this is understood and stated in detail often as auditors we see the same group of findings repeating multiple times which is a typical indicator we are not getting to the root of the problem.
2/ Why is it a problem – What standard has not been met (is it internal or
Often 5 whys of similar can help to raise a detailed understanding of the fundamental exposures?
3/ Why did it happen? – Here we consider Root Cause – Here the auditee needs to have the competence to assess the root cause of the finding.
4/ What is the consequence – risk or opportunity considered- How will this be moved forward – Auditee responsibility.
5/ Corrective action disposition – Who, What & When – Final consideration has the root cause been assessed in the correct way – buy off by the auditor
The outcomes of such activities play a significant role in supporting the organization to achieve its goals to not just maintain, but to exceed regulatory compliance.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– Abbreviations and Terms
– The Difference between Quality & Safety Auditing
– Considering Auditor Competencies
– Quality Review & Delivery of Effective Audits
– Practical understanding of the role of Root Cause
– Identification of Root Cause
– Managing Root Cause Processes including Analysis
– Performing and Managing Investigations with Practical Examples
– Analysis using Logic Models and Simulations Introduction
– Management Reporting Process
– Effective Audit Communication
– Effective Report writing
– Raising Corrective Actions with Practical Examples
This training is highly relevant for members of the quality Assurance Audit department, it is also relevant for all business area stake holders and owners. In addition it is beneficial for anyone who is receiving internal audits.
A background or understanding of Aviation audit.
– To provide a review of the various steps contained within the audit process.
– To use effectively the five elements of an audit finding.
– To familiarize with effective audit reporting structures and processes.
– To provide for Practical activities to explore the various techniques used in
root cause analysis.
– To consider methodologies to connects root cause to the associated
1 day – The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806