The Safety Management Systems Implementation Review & Workshop provides for a practical assessment of the status of your SMS Implementation, with focus on gap analysis, measurement of current status and practical implementation challenges, including the identification and management of hazards.
The SMS Implementation training develops a full understanding of the current position, identifies the organization focus, and considers a road map and timeline to achieve the stated objectives.
The Training is facilitated by industry professionals with more than 25 years of experience in Commercial aviation and regulatory background. The purpose of the workshop is to build this understanding into a range of opportunities that may be used to take the organization forward, by delivering outcomes, identifying roles and responsibilities, and agreed timelines.
We will consider the difference between quality and safety auditing, also the importance of bringing together Quality Safety and Human Factors in the workplace.
We will also consider SMS as the means not just to deliver this safety but to introduce a systematic approach to identify hazards and other exposures within your organization.
Who is this course for?
It is for Accountable Managers, Directors, Managers, Safety System Stakeholders.
What are the benefits of the training – What will I learn?
a) Be able to explain the concept of SMS and what it can deliver for the organisation
b) Understand the role of Safety Culture within an SMS Environment
c) Explain how Safety Risks are Managed Proactively
d) Understand the benefits of the integration of SMS within the Organisations Management System
e) Achieve the ability to fully engage with you organisations SMS
f) Meet and exceed all regulatory obligations related to the basic training of SMS
- Abbreviations & Terms
- The Evolution of Safety Thinking
- Sharing our SMS Understandings
- General Introduction-Components of an ICAO SMS
- Aviation Safety Management System Implementation Challenges
- Benchmarking our SMS – Where Are We Now?
- SMS Implementation Process and Integration
- Non-Punitive Disciplinary Policies
- SMS and Organizational Culture
- SMS Training Requirements
- Managing SMS related Competencies
- Constructing the Initial Road Map
- The Difference between Quality Assurance and Safety Assurance
- Developing SMS Management and Supporting Documentation
- Safety Manager Responsibilities & The Role of Quality Assurance and Safety Assurance
- Safety Accountabilities
- How to Evaluate the Organization Data Capture and Data Analysis Processes
- Safety Management System Occurrence Reporting Considerations
- Introduction to Emergency Response Planning
- How to Approach Contributory Factors, Risk and Severity
- Using Root Cause Analysis to Drive an Effective Safety System
- How we Measure and Categorize Risk
- SPT – Alert Level – SPI
- Considering Aviation Safety System Performance Indicators
- To consider how we manage a Hazard Identification Process
- Communication Tools
- Benefits of an Effective Safety Management System
- Assessing SMS Communication Tools
- Delivering Safety Audits
Accountable Managers, Directors, Managers, Safety System Stakeholders.
Each Program is confidential and fully interactive, A basic to working knowledge of SMS principles is an advantage in advance of the training.
After the workshop participants will have a focused understanding of the organisational issues affecting the SMS implementation and will be able to:
– To Understand specific regulatory requirements and how it impacts your organization,
– To perform group focused Gap Analysis of the Current Status
– To determine options for appropriate organizational strategies to meet organization needs and compliance
– To consider options for implementation of desired actions
– To consider options for implementation timelines
ICAO Annex 19 & EASA -SMS Introduction, SMS Benchmarking and Implementation Timeline. SMS Organisational Roles and Training, ERP, Safety Culture Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, Management & Root Cause Analysis, Communication Tools, Developing a Corporate Action Plan.
What do People Say about Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“This training offers very good explanations of difficult topics.”
“All aspects were useful, the examples were great.”
“This training helped me to develop some new skills.”
“The instructor is very resourceful and intelligent.”
“Having a visual material helps a lot the learning process.”
3 Days – To commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
Sofema Aviation Services offers a flexible approach to developing all in-company training courses which are specific to the client’s needs. If you would like additional information concerning how course content may be configured to be more appropriate for your organisation please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806