This course will train selected supervisory personnel to supervise the application of airport security preventative measures in accordance with the approved airport security programme.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed –
INTRODUCTION TO THE COURSE
1. Define the role of the supervisor.
2. Describe the attributes required of an airport security supervisor.
3. Describe the functions of security control.
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
1. Define standard operating procedures.
2. Create the outline for a model standard operating procedure for a basic security task.
ENSURING OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS OF EQUIPMENT
1. Describe job aids/equipment required at security control points.
2. Verify operational effectiveness of security equipment.
3. Apply appropriate procedures in the event of non-availability or failure of security equipment.
DEPLOYMENT AND ASSIGNMENT OF SECURITY PERSONNEL
1. Prepare shift task deployment form and assign duty personnel to allocated tasks.
2. Conduct a security briefing.
SUPERVISING OPERATIONAL DUTIES
1. Authenticate prohibited items, dangerous articles and substances.
2. Monitor performance of security tasks by using observation techniques.
3. Monitor application of policies relating to special persons and to the handling and carriage of items removed from passengers.
ASSESSMENT OF SECURITY PERSONNEL
1. Describe the benefits of effective personnel assessment.
2. Specify the use of effective techniques in [personnel assessment.
3. Conduct a personnel assessment interview
4. Describe the need for and advantages of on-the-job training.
5. Explain the method of monitoring on-the-job training.
6. Evaluate the training activities of the course.
7. Participate in closing ceremony
Target Groups –
The target population will be existing personnel at the basic level with the potential for promotion to the supervisory level, and existing personnel at that level employed by the authority or organization primarily responsible for the application of aviation security preventative measures at airports and from such other aviation related agencies engaged in support activities.
Trainees should satisfy the following criteria:
a) Have successfully completed the BASIC Training course.
b) Have written and oral command of the language of instruction.
Learning Objectives –
Upon completion of the course, trainees will be able to:
Supervise implementation of relevant aspects of airport security programmes;
b) Monitor inspection, screening, searching of passengers and baggage in accordance with prescribed standards;
c) Organize initial response actions in security emergencies;
d) Apply principles and practices of leadership, motivation and communication skills;
e) Monitor implementation of standard operating procedures;
f) Assess/Monitor security personnel job performance;
g) Ensure preparation, recording and submission of incident reports;
h) Develop and maintain liaison with other aviation security related agencies, organizations and entities.
3 Days – Each training day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806