This course will train selected supervisory personnel to supervise the application of airport security preventative measures in accordance with the approved airport security programme.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed –
INTRODUCTION TO THE COURSE
1. Describe the course aims, structure and methodology.
2. Appreciate the scope for career development in the field of aviation security.
3. Specify the nature of the threat against the air transport industry.
SUPERVISING AT THE AIRPORT
1. Define the role of the supervisor.
2. Describe the attributes required of an airport security supervisor.
3. Describe the functions of security control.
4. Identify and specify the locations of control points.
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
1. Define standard operating procedures.
2. Describe the process for developing standard operating procedures.
3. Create the outline for a model standard operating procedure for basic security task.
3. Create the outline for a model standard operating procedure for a basic security task.
ENSURING OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS OF EQUIPMENT
1. Describe job aids/equipment required at security control points.
2. Verify operational effectiveness of security equipment.
3. Apply appropriate procedures in the event of non-availability or failure of security equipment.
SECURITY UNIT ROSTERING
1. Describe the principles of human resource planning.
2. Identify typical security unit tasks to be performed.
3. Explain the process for developing rosters.
4. Explain roster approval and publication procedures.
5. Prepare a typical security unit daily task needs assessment sheet.
DEPLOYMENT AND ASSIGNMENT OF SECURITY PERSONNEL
1. Prepare shift task deployment form and assign duty personnel to allocated tasks.
2. Describe a process for disseminating relevant local and special information to duty personnel.
3. Conduct a security briefing.
SUPERVISING OPERATIONAL DUTIES
1. Authenticate prohibited items, dangerous articles and substances.
2. Explain identification and permit system for people and vehicles.
3. Demonstrate searching techniques.
SUPERVISING COMPLIANCE WITH STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
1. Monitor performance of security tasks by using observation techniques.
2. Monitor application of policies relating to special persons and to the handling and carriage of items removed from passengers.
ASSESSMENT OF SECURITY PERSONNEL
1. Describe the benefits of effective personnel assessment.
2. Specify the use of effective techniques in [personnel assessment.
3. Conduct a personnel assessment interview.
THE SUPERVISOR AND ON-THE-JOB TRAINING
1. Describe the need for and advantages of on-the-job training.
2. Explain the supervisor’s responsibility in on-the-job training.
3. Describe the process for conducting on-the-job training.
4. Explain the method of monitoring on-the-job training.
INCIDENT RESPONSE PROCEDURES
1. Classify all types of airport procedures.
2. Describe the process for developing emergency response actions.
3. Specify the content requirements of an emergency response standard operating procedure.
4. Final Examination
SUPERVISING RESPONSE TO INCIDENTS
1. Evaluate whether a detected item or behaviour is suspect.
2. Describe the need for incident reporting.
3. Apply appropriate response action to incidents with or without standard operating procedures.
1. Examination Results
2. Evaluate the training activities of the course.
3. Participate in closing ceremony.
Target Groups –
The target population will be existing personnel at the basic level with the potential for promotion to the supervisory level, and existing personnel at that level employed by the authority or organization primarily responsible for the application of aviation security preventative measures at airports and from such other aviation related agencies engaged in support activities.
Trainees should satisfy the following criteria:
a) Have successfully completed the BASIC Training course.
b) Have written and oral command of the language of instruction.
Learning Objectives –
Upon completion of the courseTraining for Security Supervisors – 3 Days, trainees will be able to:
Supervise implementation of relevant aspects of airport security programmes;
b) Monitor inspection, screening, searching of passengers and baggage in accordance with prescribed standards;
c) Organize initial response actions in security emergencies;
d) Apply principles and practices of leadership, motivation and communication skills;
e) Monitor implementation of standard operating procedures;
f) Assess/Monitor security personnel job performance;
g) Ensure preparation, recording and submission of incident reports;
h) Develop and maintain liaison with other aviation security related agencies, organizations and entities.
5 Days – Each training day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806