Regulatory Requirements and Best Practice – This 2-day introduction to advance level course is provided for CAMO staff and existing technical records personnel.
The course is designed to provide delegates with a detailed awareness of the aircraft technical documentation obligations in general as well as in relation to the end aircraft lease return process. Additionally, the delegates will spend time gaining familiarity with the various end of lease checklists to ensure an effective aircraft redeliver.
The course will also be of benefit if you are considering employment within the Continuous Airworthiness Management Organization as a senior technical records administrator or officer.
Technical records is the hub of the CAMO group and it is usually the starting point for internal, external and regulatory audits. The delegate will be introduced to the regulatory requirements driven by compliance with EASA Part M. Throughout the course we will consider the best practice, self-monitoring procedures SMP and common errors which occur as well as focusing on the “Optimum Lease return Timeline”.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
a) Understand the role of Technical Records related to the Operators lessee obligations
b) Gain familiarity with the end of Lease checklist requirements, to ensure complete CAW records
c) Understand Tech Records Obligations to support the Lessor and Lessee to manage all required documentation and achieve a successful redelivery.
d) Understanding how an effective technical records system can protect asset value
e) Understand the regulations which drive both Part M and Part 145 Technical Record Requirements
f) Understanding Organisational Roles and Responsibilities Compliant with TSO / ETSO Management & oversight
g) To consider the Oversight of Maintenance Activities related to Part 21 Management of STC,s Mods and Repairs.
h) Understand the need for Self-Monitoring Procedures (SMP) and the role of Quality Control within the Technical Records Environment
Who is the Course for?
It is for persons who are involved in (or likely to be involved in) end of lease technical records management. In particular persons with specific responsibility for the Records function. Technical Engineering, Maintenance Planning, CAMO Quality Auditors, as well as anyone with an interest to achieve an effective interface between the technical records function and other departments within the organisation as part of the End of lease transition
DETAILED CONTENT / TOPICS (the following subjects will be addressed)
– About Aircraft Technical Records
– Abbreviations & Terms
– Regulatory Structure
– Introduction to Aircraft Leasing & Lease Contracts
– Continuing Airworthiness – The Role of Part-M
– Part-145 Purpose, Content and Relationship
– Contract and Subcontract Management
– General Guidance Regarding Lease Return Best Practice
– Introduction – Service Information – SIL, SB, VSB
– Parts Manufacturing Authority PMA / EPA
– Difference Between FAA Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) & FAA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) Parts?
– Monitoring AD’s & SB’s
– Aircraft Lease Redelivery Technical Records Preparation and Issues
– Bilateral Acceptance of EASA / FAA STCs
– Authorised Release Certificates
– Aircraft Redelivery Technical Records Preparation and Issues
– Ensuring the Integrity of EASA Aircraft Technical Records – Correcting Errors & Omissions
– Aircraft Leasing Structural Repair Technical Records Considerations
– End of Lease Engine Preparation Checklist
– Aircraft Delivery and Re Delivery Key Event Milestones and Timeline
This course is suitable for CAMO Staff, wishing to develop an in depth understanding of Certification and Technical Records with particular relevance to End of lease returns. It is also suitable for other stakeholders (including Quality Assurance Staff) who are looking for a detailed understanding of the role of technical records.
A background in an aviation environment is an advantage but not essential.
– To provide a detailed grounding of the Regulatory environment to understand terms, their meanings and relationship
– To share the importance of technical records and the importance of the highest standards in managing technical records during operations and to understand the lessor expectations
– To share best practice process and procedures
What do People Say about Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“I found satisfying answers to all my questions.”
“The instructor demonstrated very deep knowledge of the subject.”
“The length of the course fit my needs and expectations.”
“The content was really effective, I gained a lot of new knowledge.”
“The practical examples were perfectly delivered.”
2 days – To email@example.com at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806