This Course covers the Operational Aspects of Developing and Managing an Aviation Training Program.
The focus of the Training Manager’s Role is to be able to Identify, Establish & Deliver the required course content whilst ensuring the maintenance of quality standards and maintaining relevancy with all regulatory and organizational requirements.
The Training Manager is not expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) but rather to have a comprehensive understanding of all elements of the delivery process.
This course is focused on the need of to demonstrate compliance with the various objectives to showing compliance with ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices
Who is the Course for?
The course is primarily focused on the role of Aviation Training Managers to be able to deliver effective management and oversight of the Airport Training Program.
The course will also be of interest to persons who are interested in becoming Aviation Training & Development Managers and are working to add to and develop Airport Instructors or to develop existing skills.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
a) Understand the structure, composition, and impact of ICAO & EASA related to Airport Operations
b) Considering the need for Airport Organisation Process & Procedures Training
c) Be able to understand and influence management decisions on training and training development
d) To understand best practices associated with the financial management of training resources.
e) Familiarisation with the process of Course Material development and the creation of an effective Training Needs Analysis
f) Consider IT & Software Skills related to the administration of Training Programs
g) To promote Learning Initiatives
h) To deliver Strategic and Operational Objectives
i) Develop an action plan to ensure compliance of a Training Organization with relevant international requirements.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– General Introduction – The role of training in organizational success
– Understand the structure, composition, and impact of ICAO Annex 14
– EASA Airport Regulation 139/2014
– Management and Oversight issues related to Airport Operations
– Safety Management Systems and Mandatory Reporting Obligations
– Managing the Trainer’s Learning Path
– Checklists and Practical Preparation Considerations
– Designing Course Material
– Performing an effective Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
– Lesson Planning
– Developing the role and responsibilities of a training organization
– Consider the Training Plan & Departmental Objectives
– Identify the required characteristics of the training process
– Consider revenue sources and how to manage costs
– Determine the relevant Finance Considerations & Cost Benefits of a Training Program
– Create a training cost framework.
– Conduct a cost-benefit analysis (ROI.)
– Training Management Personal Development
– Understand the importance of Marketing in the Business Process
– Techniques to promote effective commitment and performance
– Managing and Promoting Human Performance
– How to Enhance Learning Characteristics within the Organisation
– Working with SMART as a deliverable
– Coping with Barriers
– Implementing Coaching & Mentoring processes
– Contracting for positive outcomes
– Delivering a performance analysis
– Post-training performance evaluation techniques
– Developing performance enhancements including plans and proposals.
– Evaluation and Supervision
– Using Surveys to assess objectives and expectations
– Considering Instructor underperformance and how to rectify
– Establish criteria to select internal trainers.
– Develop internal trainers and course developers.
– Use a competency tool to assess and develop trainers.
– Consider the Competency objectives related to the various roles
– Managing Competency as a Business Unit
– Providing support to business area owners to prepare their employees for learning.
– When to engage with external resources and packaged programs
– Conducting a training function Self-Assessment
– Consider the difference between traditional training and performance-related approaches.
– Developing Specific Objectives
– Identify typical criteria for training proposal reviews.
– Understanding the Quality Control Training aspects and Quality Assurance oversight aspects in the Business Process
This course will be of significant benefit to Airport System Training and Business Unit Managers other Training staff will also benefit from attendance to this course.
A background in Administrative System Techniques will support the effectiveness of this training program.
After attending this course, participants should be able to manage an Airport Specific Training program
What do People Say About Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“I found satisfying answers to all my questions.”
“The instructor demonstrated a very deep knowledge of the subject.”
“The length of the course fits my needs and expectations.”
“The content was really effective, I gained a lot of new knowledge.”
“The practical examples were perfectly delivered.”
5 Days – Each training day will start at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806