Dangerous Goods training is established as mandatory requirements by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) in their Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air. In order to fulfil those requirements national competent authority of each Member State established uniform rules accordingly.
It is important that all relevant employees receive training that is commensurate with their responsibilities. In addition recurrent training must be provided within 24 months of previous training to ensure knowledge is current.
The success of a training depends of the ability of the Instructor to deliver correct and comprehensive training. According IATA DGR 184.108.40.206 “instructors of initial and recurrent dangerous goods training programmes must have adequate instructional skills and have successfully completed a dangerous goods training programme in the applicable category”.
The course is highly practical, and promotes best training practices. It is an five-day program specifically designed for those who need to deliver Dangerous Goods Training.
The course is a highly participative and stimulates involvement and provides for powerful motivation. To introduce the delegate to training skills and to provide the confidence which can be developed to deliver effective and compliant Dangerous Goods Training within your organizations.
Who is the Course for?
The course is designed for the needs of the Dangerous Goods Instructor to be compliant with the standards established by Industry and required by ICAO.
The course will be of high interest to cargo professionals engaged with transport of hazardous materials by Air and interested in becoming Dangerous Goods Instructors for all Categories of Dangerous Goods Training.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
a) Understand the structure, composition and impact of IATA DGR
b) Considering the need for Dangerous Goods Training
c) Understand the Adult Learning Experience – Andragogy
d) Understand the best use of instructional tools and techniques
e) Understand techniques to optimize and deliver practical presentations
f) Focus on the development of your communication skills.
g) Learn how to create a lesson plan
h) Developing effective visual aids and supporting materials
i) Developing Course Material and delivering an effective Training Needs Analysis
J) Learn how to motivate participants and to maintain attention
k) How to ensure participants active involvement throughout the training.
l) Consider group learning and collaborative learning techniques.
m) Stay up to date with industry instructional techniques
n) How to manage difficult students and topics
Why Should I choose SAS for the training?
Sofema Aviation Services is a Regulatory training and consulting company with 10 years operational experience. Our Instructors are highly educated professionals with significant practical experience and knowledge in area of transport of Dangerous Goods by Air.
Sofema Aviation Services is a Regulatory Training and Consulting company with 45 years of commercial aviation experience and 10 years operational experience. Since the start we have provided certificates to approx 20,000 delegates and we have grown for 2 primary reasons!
The first is that we are professional and we listen to our customers.
The second reason is a combination of outstanding course fees, together with a world beating discount program which leaves our competitors way behind – please do not take our word for it, check it out!
What Makes SAS Dangerous Goods Training Program – Train the Trainer (Category 1,2,3 & 6) – 5 Days Training Different?
Because our courses are written by people who have lived through the regulations. The author of the training material has more than 25 years’ experience as an auditor across the entire regulatory spectrum.
At Sofema Aviation Services our focus is on accepting that compliance with Regulations is in fact minimum compliance. Interpreting the regulations in a way which enables the development and optimisation of our business is where we should see opportunity to drive efficiencies and cost saving.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
- General Introduction
- Facing the Challenges of Training an Adult Group
- Delivering Effective Training – Personal Considerations
- The DGR Trainers Learning Path
- Managing Trainer Competence
- Relationship Management and Emotional Intelligence
- Trainer Personal Development & Coaching
- Considering Presentation Techniques
- What is Andragogy– Understanding the Adult learning process – Theories and Motivation
- View Case Study followed by General Discussion & Debrief
- Communicating / Giving Feedback
- Speaking in Public – Developing your skills
- Individual Speaking Practical Exercise
- Non Verbal Communications
- Instructional Design principles
- Using Bloom Taxonomy
- Facilitations techniques
- Facility preparation
- Training style
- Group Presentation dealing with the specific challenges of competence based training
- View Case Study followed by General Discussion & Debrief
- The Role of Emergency Response Training in context of DGR
- Group discussion –considering the Role of ERP
- Establishing course objectives
- Test criteria
- Developing compliant examinations
- Classroom management
- Building of lessons plan for different DGR categories
- Using tools, equipment and background papers
- Effective use of media and visual aids
- Facilitation techniques and welcome strategies
- DGR awareness training guidelines
- Instructional design and techniques – examination
- Instructional design and techniques –individual presentations and examination
- DGR Category 6 examination
This course will be of very significant benefit to potential Dangerous Goods trainers who need to have the necessary competence to deliver effective Dangerous Goods Training.
- Working knowledge of English language;
- Possession of the valid Category 6 Certificate;
- The latest edition of IATA DGR is a must;
- A Laptop will be needed; and
- Practical experience and knowledge of principles of transport of cargo by air is desirable.
After attending this course, participants should be able to develop a company specific comprehensive Dangerous Goods Training program compliant with ICAO TI and IATA DGR requirements for both Initial and recurrent training.
What do People Say about Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“All the information presented during the course was helpful and valuable.”
“The instructor showed high competence on the subject.”
“The instructor spoke clearly and gave relevant examples.”
“No complains about the climate under which the training was delivered. It was very pleasant!”
“The course provided me with a new understanding on the subject matter.”
5 days – Each training day will start at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806