Safety Management System (SMS) is a proactive management system that focuses on improved levels of operational safety beyond regulatory minimums by treating safety as an integrated element of the organisations core management system.
With SMS we have a set of regulations, which allow Industry to establish best-practice that fits different cultures and place the main emphasis and duty on improving safety performance. This requires a real “team effort” as regulator and airline are all part of one large system. Working as a team it will be possible to improve an already highly impressive safety record, and allow organisations to conduct more of their own oversight and assurance.
This 1 day training course is perfect to introduce your employees to your safety management system and how they can meet their obligations within the organisation. How to develop an understanding of the organisations responsibility and to consider the roles and responsibilities of the key managers and executives. How everyone can play a role in assisting to support and deliver a strong SMS system.
In addition, we should understand the opportunities presented by SMS as a “Management System” which can be used to improve and develop the business as well as optimize for risk exposure.
Attendees will be provided with a detailed understanding of the core attributes of an outstanding World Class Safety Management System.
Benefits of attending this training
a) Be able to explain the concept of SMS and what it can deliver for the organisation
b) Understand the role of Safety Culture within an SMS Environment
c) Explain how Safety Risks are Managed Proactively
d) Understand the benefits of integration of SMS within the Organisations Management System
e) Achieve the ability to fully engage with you organisations SMS
f) Meet and exceed all regulatory obligations related to the basic training of SMS
Why Should I choose SAS for the training?
Sofema Aviation Services is a Regulatory Training and Consulting company with 45 years of commercial aviation experience and 10 years of operational experience. Since the start, we have provided certificates to approx 25,000 delegates and we have grown for 2 primary reasons!
The first is that we are professional and we listen to our customers.
The second reason is a combination of outstanding course fees, together with a world-beating discount program which leaves our competitors way behind – please do not take our word for it, check it out!
What Makes SAS EASA – SMS Introduction and Awareness – 1 Day Different?
Because our courses are written by people who have lived through the regulations. The author of the training material has more than 25 years’ experience as an auditor across the entire regulatory spectrum.
At Sofema Aviation Services our focus is on accepting that compliance with Regulations is in fact minimum compliance. Interpreting the regulations in a way that enables the development and optimisation of our business is where we should see an opportunity to drive efficiencies and cost-saving.
DETAILED CONTENT / TOPICS (the following subjects will be addressed)
– Definitions and Abbreviations
– General Introduction
– The Evolution of Safety Thinking
– Sharing our current SMS understanding
What should we expect from a Safety Management System
– Components of an SMS System
– SMS Commitment
– EASA – SMS & Compliance
– SMS and IATA IOSA
– SMS and Organisational Culture – Discipline, Just Culture and Beyond
– Developing Organisational Roles in Support or our Safety Management System, Action Groups, Safety Review Board and the role of Safety Reps.
– Hazard Management & Risk Assessment Processes – Five Fundamentals
– Understanding the responsibilities of the Safety Manager and the role of Quality Assurance and Safety Assurance in our Organisation
– Delivering a working SMS both cost effectively and ensuring we set and meet time constraints – SMS Management of Change
– Developing SMS Management and Supporting Documentation.
– Introduction to Emergency Response Planning
– Effective Marketing and Raising Awareness
– General Debrief and Questions
This course is aimed at all employees at every level including accountable executives and provides for an introduction to a fully compliant SMS.
A background in an aviation environment is an advantage but not essential
After this Training attendees will:
– Fully understand the ICAO SMS Requirements and the intent behind them.
– Understand SMS concepts and principles.
– Develop ideas to improve the quantity and quality of safety data collected.
– Understand the usefulness and limitations of Risk Assessment methods, Clearly understand the options available, and their effectiveness, for reducing and eliminating risk.
– Develop ideas on how to improve Risk Reduction processes in their own company.
1 Day – The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call + 359 28210806
Sofema Aviation Services offers a flexible approach to developing all in-company training courses which are specific to the client’s needs. If you would like additional information concerning how course content may be configured to be more appropriate for your organisation please email email@example.com