This intensive 2 Day course is specifically designed to focus on needs of the Airport SMS Department to ensure an Effective, Efficient and Reliable Safety Management System.
Periodically we should consider our Safety Management Systems in a more Holistic way to consider whether it is delivering the optimum benefit for our organisation.
This 2 day course aims to provide a comprehensive review of the overall effectiveness of our SMS. Delegates will undertake an overall review of SMS best practice and together with the regulatory driven obligations will perform a GAP analysis against their own organisation system
The course is highly participative, and assumes prior knowledge of SMS requirements and objectives.
The airport is a busy and dynamic environment with many stakeholders required to integrate into a unified SMS process. An effective SMS is about identifying exposure to risk as felt by the entire business. With the introduction of EASA Commission Regulation (EU) No 139/2014, EASA is creating a performance based regulatory environment for Aerodrome Operators and Operations.
The primary focus of the training is to support the delegates need to deliver effective management of safety including the process to measure risk and exposure and the development of mitigation strategies.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
a) To be able to explain the organisation SMS.
b) To understand the mechanism whereby the Senior Management can demonstrate effective oversight and management of its risks.
c) To understand the meaning of “Top Down” Safety Management Systems – and what it means for business leaders.
d) To be able to actively engage in the involvement of all the staff in safety
e) To understand the methodology used to mitigate or control the potential “safety threats by assessing hazards and dealing with the associated risks
Who is the Course for?
It is for persons who are actively involved in the management or Interaction or the organisations SMS including Quality Audit Staff, Nominated Persons, and business process owners, as well as anyone with an interest to achieve an effective understanding of the SMS Hazard Identification & Risk Mitigation processes.
Why Should I choose SAS for the training?
Sofema Aviation Services is a Regulatory training and consulting company with 45 years commercial aviation experience and 10 years operational experience.
Throughout our 10 years of active service to the aviation industry we have provided cutting edge Safety Management System Training and supported many organisation through the implementation and development, providing both classroom and online training.
Since we started we have provided certificates to approx 15,000 delegates we have grown for 2 primary reasons!
The first is that we are professional and we listen to our customers. Please visit our download area as an example of how we engage with our customers.
The second is not only the fact that our prices are far more cost effective than our competitors it is that our discount program leaves all the others way behind – please do not take our word for it check it out! SAS Discount Program
What Makes EASA/GCAA Airport SMS Overview & Recurrent – 2 Days different?
Our instructors are competent and well versed in the need to build SMS understanding into a range of opportunities which may be used to take the organization forward, by delivering outcomes, identifying roles and responsibilities and agreed timelines.
At Sofema Aviation Services our focus is on accepting that compliance with EASA Regulations is in fact minimum compliance. Interpreting the regulations in a way which enables the development and optimization of our business is where we should see opportunity to drive efficiency and cost saving.
DETAILED CONTENT / TOPICS (the following subjects will be addressed)
– Definitions and Abbreviations
– Sharing our SMS Understandings
– ICAO Annex 14 Regulatory Requirements
– Introducing Annex 19
– Review of the Regulations Applicable to Airport Flight Safety Management Division
– What is the current Status of the SMS within our Organisation & where are the Challenges?
Hazard Logs / Risk Registers
– Integrating Airport Safety Management into the Operational Process
– Recognition and Ongoing Management of Threats
– Risk Assessment & Risk Management Best Practice Processes
– Root Cause Analysis
– Safety Performance Targets (SPT), Alert Levels and Safety Performance Indicators (SPIs): The performance-based SMS
– Emergency Response and the Integration within SMS
– Internal reporting into our SMS –how effective is it?
– SMS Developments and the Management of Change
– Optimizing Safety Culture to promote SMS behaviour
– Techniques for Gathering Data – Evaluation of Current and Future Practices
– Developing the Aerodrome SMS Manual
– SMS Implementation Process and Integration
– Incident & Accident Investigation
– Implementing an EASA Compliant SMS
– SMS Training Requirements
– General Debrief and Questions
This course will be of very significant benefit to all persons with a specific involvement in the organisations SMS.
Aerodrome Management and Operational Staff, Safety Managers, Quality Managers, Aerodrome Safety Personnel, Regulators and Airport SMS Stake holders.
A background in an aviation environment together with a comprehensive understanding of the theory and practice of SMS process and procedures.
– Understand the techniques used to determine risk and develop mitigation’s
– Understand the purpose and methodology of proactive SMS
– Understand the process by which an SMS should continue to develop within an Aerodrome Environment
– Be able to develop an effective process for the continuing management of a fully compliant SMS
2 Days – Each Training day will start at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call + 359 28210806
Sofema Aviation Services offers a flexible approach to developing all in-company training courses which are specific to the client’s needs. If you would like additional information concerning how course content may be configured to be more appropriate for your organisation please email firstname.lastname@example.org