The Helicopter Emergency Ambulance Service is a unique and challenging mix of aviation and emergency medical service. It is very demanding, requiring various areas of knowledge and skills on the management and the responding personnel as well, starting from aircraft selection, base selection, dispatching, medical procedures, training, hospital heliport issues.
Following the implementation of EU Part-OPS, all aviation activities within the HEMS and air ambulance operation are governed by this regulation, and by international and national civil aviation standards and laws.
The course provides guidelines on various aspects of the Helicopter Emergency Medical Services.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
• The system of international ICAO, EU, and where applicable, national regulations applicable to helicopter operations
• The system of EU Part-OPS from the standpoint of HEMS
• Selection of aircraft for the HEMS role
• Aircraft technical and medical equipment
– Helicopter Performance issues
– Flight safety issues and management
• Hospital and HEMS base heliport regulations
• Security regulations related to HEMS operations
• Training of HEMS personnel and partner emergency agencies
On the third day, a tabletop exercise is held, involving HEMS management and practical HEMS tasks.
The training is targeted for flight operations and training managers, general managers, of the HEMS industry, hospital managers, regulatory personnel responsible for HEMS operators.
Familiarity with general aviation regulations and aircraft operations
At the completion of the HEMS regulatory training, the applicant will be familiar with the system of governing EU regulations. Will be able to find and understand regulations for various aspects the Helicopter Emergency Medical Services regulations, related to the aircraft used, personnel, training, weather limitations, operating site certification.
3 days – each day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks
Trainer’s Professional Background
• Airline captain – Crew Resource Management Trainer
• Flight paramedic
• Degree in law
• Firefighter/emergency services manager
• Security manager
• Actively working at HEMS operator as flight ops, security, train
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806