With more than 20 years experience of in Human Factors Training (Pre Dating EASA Regulatory requirements by more than 10 years together with a further 10 years of operational experience. We have a deep understanding of both the organisational challenges as well the cultural barriers and our focus is on understanding and promoting effective organisation-driven solutions. At Sofema Aviation Services our focus has always been on accepting that compliance with EASA Regulations is in fact minimum compliance. Our experience allows us to demonstrate a practical and down-to-earth approach helping you to build resilience into your HF training Program. We see HF Training for Trainers as an opportunity to develop optimized communication and improved business processes leading to positive culture-building behaviors throughout the organization. Our experience allows us to demonstrate a practical and down-to-earth approach helping you to build resilience into your HF training Program.
Who is the course for?
The course is for aviation maintenance professionals who want to become trainers in the field of human factors. The course provides them with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively teach others about the importance of human factors in aviation maintenance and how to integrate them into daily practices for enhanced safety and performance.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
Participants will learn essential knowledge and skills to effectively train others in human factors concepts specific to aviation maintenance. They will gain an understanding of the impact of human factors on safety and performance, as well as learn practical instructional techniques and strategies for delivering effective training. By the end of the four-day course, participants will be equipped to train aviation maintenance personnel on how to identify and mitigate human factors issues in their work environment.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– Why do we have Human Factors Training?
– Background to Human Factors
– General Introduction to Requirements
– The Dirty Dozen – Top HF Precursors
– The Challenges of Providing Human Factors Training to an Adult Group
– Trainer Personal Development & Coaching
– Delivering Effective Human Factors Aviation Training – Personal Considerations
– Creating a Positive Learning Atmosphere
– The HF Trainers Learning Path
– Understanding the role of Extrinsic & Intrinsic Motivation
– Communicating / Giving Feedback
– Speaking in Public – Developing your skills
– Balancing Presentation, Motivation Debate & Discussion
– Non Verbal Communication
– The use of case studies
– The Relationship between Human Factors and Safety Management
– Safety Culture and Effective HF Training
– Human Factors the Safety Cycle and Risk Assessment
– Error, Violations, Blame & Culpability
– Error Models
– Presenting Incident to Accident Data
– Relationship Management
– Teaching Styles – Deductive or Inductive?
– Regulatory requirements for an EASA 145 Compliant HF training Program
– Developing your Organisation Human Factors Training Program
– Developing the HF Lesson Plan
– Your Own Presentation
This course will be of very significant benefit to potential Human Factors trainers who need to have the necessary competence to deliver effective Human Factor Training. Training Department Managers and other Training staff will also benefit from attendance at this course.
A background in an aviation maintenance environment. No previous experience in auditing or the Quality Manager’s function is necessary. You should have already attended several Human Factor training courses.
After attending this course, participants should be able to develop a company-specific comprehensive Human Factors Training program compliant with Part 145 HF requirements for both Initial and recurrent training.
What do People Say About Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“I found satisfying answers to all my questions.”
“The instructor demonstrated a very deep knowledge of the subject.”
“The length of the course fits my needs and expectations.”
“The content was really effective, I gained a lot of new knowledge.”
“The practical examples were perfectly delivered.”
4 days – Start at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806