How effective is your organisational Safety Management System (SMS)? Are you satisfied with the metrics? How well are you using the data which is being collected? How effective is the process of Exposure Analysis and Mitigation recommendation?
This 1-day intensive course is aimed at Business Area owners, Nominated Persons / Accountable Managers, and Quality & Safety Managers. The purpose is to deliver a reset to understand the current position and to determine an appropriate action plan to deliver improved performance, leading to a safer and more cost-effective environment.
The course has been developed by an industry professional with more than 45 years of commercial aviation experience and detailed exposure to organisation best practices.
Who is the Course for?
This course is not for beginners it is intended for Industry Professionals who have a genuine desire and see a need within their respective organisations to understand exposure, integrate best practices, and promote and drive improvement.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
a) An in-depth understanding of Quality Management Systems (QMS) and Safety Management Systems (SMS) with a focus on EASA regulations and how they apply in the aviation context.
b) The terminology and concepts related to QMS and SMS, including hazard and risk assessment in both proactive and reactive contexts.
c) How to effectively manage Occupational Health & Safety, ensuring compliance with national requirements and integrating it seamlessly into the organizational SMS.
d) Techniques for conducting Root Cause Analysis and understanding the responsibilities associated with it.
e) An evaluation of Human Factors (HF) and Crew Resource Management (CRM) practices to determine their actual value and impact beyond mere compliance. Additionally, participants will learn about data gathering and processing, measuring the effectiveness of SMS using appropriate metrics, and the differences between an organizational optimizing QMS and an EASA-compliant QMS.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– Review of Quality Management System and Safety Management System with the EASA ‘World”
– Do we have a full and detailed understanding of the terminology and its effect & meaning – QMS / SMS Hazard & Risk / Proactive & Reactive?
– How are we Managing Occupational Health & Safety? Is it compliant with the National requirements –and integrated fully into the organisational SMS
– How effective are we at dealing with Root Cause Analysis – Who’s responsible anyway?
– What is the current status of our HF / CRM – “Let’s be honest” Is it tick the box or does it genuinely add value (how to determine)?
– How are we currently measuring the effectiveness of our SMS – what metrics are we using and do they deliver the information in the way we require?
– How effective is our QMS? – How to measure & what are the indicators
– What is the difference between an organisational optimizing QMS and an EASA-compliant QMS
– How to Gather Data from HF / CRM Training?
– How to gather and process data from across the business
– What is the current status of our SMS related to Resources / Manpower / Documentation and Training and how integrated is it within our business process
– Where are our current organisational exposures – Gap Analysis workshop exercise
– Developing and delivering a real and effective action plan. With assigned deliverables and an agreed timeline
Business Area owners, Nominated Persons / Accountable Managers, and Quality & Safety Managers
Participants are expected to have a working knowledge of the regulations.
After the training participants will have a focused understanding of the organisational issues affecting the SMS implementation and will be able to:
– To Understand specific regulatory requirements and how it impacts your organization
– To perform group-focused Gap Analysis of the Current Status
– To determine options for appropriate organizational strategies to meet organizational needs and compliance
– To consider options for the implementation of desired actions
– To consider options for implementation timelines
What do People Say About Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“The instructor used the right words to explain the material.”
“The discussions among the group were very beneficial.”
“The instructor showed very resourceful background and experience.”
“All sections of the course were related to my field.”
“Adequate answers were given to specific questions.”
1 day – Start at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806