Quality Assurance is essentially looking at compliance and Safety Assurance is looking at any weakness in the organizational system which raises the exposure to risk.
Quality Assurance is looking at the existing situation whilst Safety Assurance is a forward-looking process.
It is not unusual to discover confusion when the discussion turns to Quality & Safety Auditing regarding the specific functions of the two different undertakings.
So consider that:
Whilst Quality is essentially looking at compliance, Safety Management Systems should focus extensively on the analysis of the data derived from the contributing elements of the various impacted areas.
The Safety Management System identifies as an essential goal, the improvement of the Safety Performance. In so doing the SMS aims to deliver an improvement in the risk exposure.
Looking at Risk is extremely subjective and this 1 Day course focuses on the best practices to deliver Safety Audits, understanding how to gather view, and interpret the data we see in a meaningful way.
Who is the Course for?
This course is intended for individuals who are involved in quality and safety auditing processes in various industries.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
The participants will learn the fundamental concepts of auditing, including audit principles, processes, and techniques. They will gain insights into quality management systems (QMS) and safety management systems (SMS) and understand how auditing can help assess the effectiveness of these systems in ensuring compliance and continuous improvement. Through interactive exercises and practical examples, participants will develop the skills needed to conduct basic audits, identify areas for improvement, and contribute to enhancing both quality and safety within their respective organizations.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– General SMS Introduction
– Definitions and Abbreviations
– The Difference between Quality and Safety Assurance
– Understanding the nature of Risk
– Quality Auditing Techniques and the Bridge to SMS
– Performance Auditing challenges and the link to Safety Auditing
– Safety Auditor Competences
– Working within the Organisational SMS Structure
– Delivering Safety Audits
– Developing Preventative Strategies and the Role of Performance Auditing
– Auditing Change Management across the Business
– How to develop an HF understanding within the environment of our SMS
– How to Evaluate the Organization Data Capture and Data Analysis Processes
Quality Department, Safety Department, Training Department Managers, and other Training staff will also benefit from attendance at this course.
A background in an aviation environment.
– To understand the fundamentals of Safety Auditing
– To understand the practical challenges to delivering effective Safety Audits
– To equip the attendee with the skills and techniques required to manage and execute meaningful audit programs and audits within their respective companies. The research, planning, execution, and documentation of the audit will be treated as if it were part of a genuine internal audit.
What do People Say About Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“The instructor used the right words to explain the material.”
“The discussions among the group were very beneficial.”
“The instructor showed very resourceful background and experience.”
“All sections of the course were related to my field.”
“Adequate answers were given to specific questions.”
1 day – The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806