Quality Assurance is essentially looking at compliance and Safety Assurance is looking at any weakness in the organisational system which raises the exposure to risk.
Quality Assurance is looking at the existing situation whilst Safety Assurance is a forward looking process.
It is not unusual to discover confusion when the discussion turns to Quality & Safety Auditing regarding the specific functions of the two different undertakings.
So consider that:
Whilst Quality is essentially looking at compliance, Safety Management Systems should focus extensively on the analysis of the data derived from the contributing elements of the various impacted areas.
The Safety Management System identifies as an essential goal, the improvement of the Safety Performance. In so doing the SMS aims to deliver an improvement in the risk exposure.
Looking at Risk is extremely subjective and this 1 Day course focuses on the best practices to deliver Safety Audits, understanding how to gather view and interpret the data we see in a meaningful way.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– General SMS Introduction
– Definitions and Abbreviations
– The Difference between Quality and Safety Assurance
– Understanding the nature of Risk
– Quality Auditing Techniques and the Bridge to SMS
– Performance Auditing challenges and the link to Safety Auditing
– Safety Auditor Competences
– Working within the Organisational SMS Structure
– Delivering Safety Audits
– Developing Preventative Strategies and the role of Performance Auditing
– Auditing Change Management across the Business
– How to develop a HF understanding within the environment of our SMS
– How to Evaluate the Organization Data Capture and Data Analysis Processes
Quality Department, Safety Department, Training Department Managers and other Training staff will also benefit from attendance to this course.
A background in an aviation environment.
– To understand the fundamentals of Safety Auditing
– To understand the practical challenges to deliver effective Safety Audits
– To equip the attendee with the skills and techniques required to manage and execute meaningful audit programs and audits within their respective companies. The research, planning, execution and documentation of the audit will be treated as if it were part of a genuine internal audit.
1 day – The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806