Developing a thorough awareness regarding the most effective and efficient Indonesia DGCA Civil Aviation Safety Regulation (CASR) compliant Stores and Logistics processes in your organization will benefit both the employee and the employer.
The CASR Part 145 Stores Management and Inspection System is an essential element of the Part 145 approval. It must be managed using trained and competent personnel.
This course meets the intent of IOSA MNT 4.5.6 – The Operator shall ensure each maintenance organization that performs maintenance for the Operator has a training programme that provides for initial and continuation training for receiving inspectors and describes Part 145 Stores Inspection competency training.
Sofema Aviation Services training courses provide a practical understanding of the interpretation of civil aviation regulations to ensure that the certificate holder can comply in the most effective way.
Who Is The Course For?
It is for anyone with an interest to acquire a thorough awareness of CASR Part 145 Stores Management & Inspection Procedures from new-hire staff to Management personnel.
The course will be of special interest to personnel new to the Stores & Logistics environment wishing to understand the regulations.
The course will also benefit Quality Auditors to raise detailed awareness to support the audit process.
What Is The Benefit Of This Training – What Will I Learn?
This training is designed to cover all elements which are essential to the effective management and operation of a fully compliant store. This in depth 1-day training is designed to provide attendees with:
a) A detailed practical understanding of the requirements to Manage and Develop an Aviation Store.
b) An understanding of the processes which drive effective management of an Indonesia DGCA Compliant Store.
c) The ability to explain the regulations which cover CASR Part 145 related to the Logistics Process for staff involved in Stores Management and Receipt Inspection.
d) An understanding of the process of managing documentation related to Airworthiness and Receipt Certification principles.
e) An understanding of the principles of receiving and inspecting ESDS components.
f) The ability to develop procedures for use in Stores and Goods Inspection.
g) The problems associated with identifying Suspect Unapproved Parts.
h) The confidence to fully comply within the supply chain and the ability to perceive opportunities to optimize.
i) The ability to demonstrate CASR Part 145 Supply Chain Compliance to maintain effective Quality Control and to avoid or mitigate problems.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– Definitions & Abbreviations
– Indonesia DGCA Regulatory Structure
– PMA & Fabrication of Parts
– Stores and Logistic Procedures
– Authorized Release Certificates
– ATA 300
– Setting up an Indonesia DGCA Compliant Store
– Tool Stores and Calibration
– Stores Receipt Guidance Documentation
– Dangerous Goods Awareness
– Electro-Static Discharge Sensitive (ESDS)
– The Problem of Suspect Unapproved Parts
The course is designed for Personnel who are required to manage or operate an Aviation Store or who are required to accept material into an Aviation Store. Training Department staff and other Managers and Quality Auditors will also benefit from attending this course.
A background in an aviation environment is an advantage though not essential.
To provide attendees with:
– A detailed practical understanding of Indonesia DGCA Civil Aviation Safety Regulation to Develop and Manage an Aviation Store.
– A detailed understanding of the various process and procedures for staff involved in Stores Management and Receiving Inspection.
– An understanding of Airworthiness and Receiving Inspection Certification principles including inspection of ESDS components.
– How to develop your own local procedures for use in Stores and Goods Inspection areas.
– A review of the problems associated with Suspected Unapproved Parts and where and how to verify the status.
What do People Say About Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“The course exceeded my expectations.”
“Everything was inappropriate timing and in a good climate.”
“Maximum points for the instructor’s effort and explanation from me.”
“The instructor provided enough room for all the questions to be asked”
“We received a lot of additional information to make things clearer.”
1 day – the training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806