The ability to understand exposure and to analyze root causes are without doubt essential skills for auditors and managers alike.
The purpose of this training is to identify best practice techniques and behaviors to perform effective Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
The delegate will work through several examples in small teams and determine the root causes of identified issues.
This course is intended to be highly practical and to help the delegate focus on the 5 elements which exist within a finding or issue.
1/ The finding – What is the problem?
2/ Why is it a problem – What standard has not been met (is it internal or external)
3/ Why did it happen? – Here we consider Root Cause
4/ What is the consequence – a risk or opportunity considered
5/ Corrective action disposition – Who, What & When
The outcomes of such activities play a significant role in supporting the organization to achieve its goals to not just maintain but to exceed regulatory compliance.
Who is the course for?
The course is targeted toward safety management practitioners and business area owners who are involved in incident investigation and analysis. It provides them with the knowledge and tools to effectively identify the underlying causes of safety incidents, implement appropriate corrective actions, and enhance safety performance within their organizations.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
the participants will learn essential skills and knowledge to effectively conduct root cause analysis for safety incidents. They will understand the underlying causes of accidents or safety issues, identify contributing factors, and develop appropriate corrective actions. Through practical exercises and case studies, participants will gain hands-on experience in applying root cause analysis techniques to improve safety management practices within their organizations.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– Abbreviations and Terms
– The current status of aviation SMS within the Industry in 2017
– What is the current status of the SMS within our Organisation & where are the challenges?
– Internal reporting into our SMS – how effective is it & how to measure
– The Difference between Quality & Safety Auditing
– Delivering Safety Audits
– Understanding the Nature of Risk
– Risk Assessment & Root Cause Analysis review status and appraisal
– Considering the Root Cause of Accidents and Incidents and the link to Safety and Human Factors
– The link between the Safety Office, QA, and HF/ CRM training
– How We Measure and Categorize Risk
– Practical understanding of the role of Root Cause
– Root Cause Analysis
– Further Identification of Root Cause –examples and workshop activity
– Additional Practical Techniques for Determining Root Cause
– Developing Preventative Strategies and the Role of Safety Auditing
– Performing and Managing Investigations with Practical Examples
– Auditing Change Management across the Business
– Management Reporting Process
This training is highly relevant for senior management and members of the quality Assurance Audit department, it is also relevant for all business area stakeholders.
A background or understanding of Aviation audit.
To re-enforce a comprehensive understanding of the requirements for SMS systems including an understanding of the methodology to determine root cause and develop appropriate responses.
An essential element then of benefiting from this training is to focus on the issues, how they relate to our workplace, and what we need to do to address them.
The intention of this training is not to tick the regulatory box but to identify the significant issues which need to be addressed.
What do People Say About Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“I found satisfying answers to all my questions.”
“The instructor demonstrated a very deep knowledge of the subject.”
“The length of the course fits my needs and expectations.”
“The content was really effective, I gained a lot of new knowledge.”
“The practical examples were perfectly delivered.”
2 days – Each training day will start at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806