With the continuous growth in traffic airports need to be flexible, scalable and accommodating to facilitate development and to cope with organic growth. It is necessary for Aerodromes to have in place all necessary infrastructure to ensure efficient operations of all airport business processes and systems whilst delivering safety and security to the highest possible levels.
Based on compliance with ICAO Annex 14 and EU Regulation No. 139/2014 (Aerodromes) – relating to the Certification and Oversight of Aerodromes.
The course focuses on the Fundamental Requirements and Administrative Procedures related to Airport Ground Operations management development and oversight of Aerodromes.
Considering the oversight processes required to ensure effective Safety System Oversight as well as independent Quality Assurance.
The Course leans heavily on the need to ensure a risk-based approach to management and includes oversight activities and addresses the process whereby we will develop an integrated management system and supports a detailed understanding of the various challenges and solutions available.
Numerous examples are drawn to illustrate best practice.
It is necessary for stakeholders and other leaders to develop measurable strategic objectives and the effective aerodrome planning requires attention to detail, together with a deep understanding of the daily obligations including the various challenges whilst maintaining focus on medium and long-term objectives.
Who is the course for?
It is for persons who are actively involved in Airport Ground Operations including Safety Management System and Quality Audit Staff, Nominated Persons, and business process owners, as well as anyone with an interest to achieve an effective understanding of the SMS Hazard Identification
What is the Benefit of this Training –What will I learn?
a) Fully Familiarize with Ground Based Safety Management Objectives related to the Aerodrome Environment
b) Understanding the principles of an ICAO Annex 14, EASA 139/2014 compliant management system including delivering and effective Quality Management System (QMS) and Safety Management System (SMS)
c) Achieve a detailed understanding regarding the development, management and oversight of the Aerodrome process and procedures
d) Develop an understanding regarding how to Identify areas which need special attention and how to apply risk based techniques to ensure the correct focus together with appropriate mitigations
e) Be able to deliver an effect assessment to establish the effectiveness of an Integrated Quality & Safety System.
Why Should I choose SAS for the training?
Sofema Aviation Services a Regulatory training and consulting company with 45 years commercial aviation experience and 10 years operational experience. Since we started we have provided certificates to approx 15,000 delegates we have grown for 2 primary reasons!
The first is that we are professional and we listen to our customers. Please visit our download area as an example of how we engage with our customer.
The second is not only the fact that our prices are far more cost effective than our competitors it is that our discount program leaves all the others way behind – please do not take our word for it check it out!
What Makes SAS Safety Management System Airport Duties in Ground Operations – 5 Days Different?
Because our courses are written by people who have lived through the regulations. The author of the training material has more than 25 years’ experience as an auditor across the entire regulatory spectrum.
At Sofema Aviation Services our focus is on accepting that compliance with Regulations is in fact minimum compliance. Interpreting the regulations in a way which enables the development and optimisation of our business is where we should see opportunity to drive efficiencies and cost saving.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
- Definitions & Terms
- ICAO Annex 14 Regulatory Introduction
- EASA Commission Regulation (EU) No 139/2014 (Airports) Introduction
- Aerodrome Management Systems requirements and Environmental Considerations
- Aerodrome management system process procedures and oversight
- Considering Airport Pavement Designs
- Aerodrome Pavement & Apron Considerations
- Aerodrome Lighting & Airside Markings
- The Evolution of Safety Thinking
- Introducing Annex 19
- Aerodrome SMS Manual Considerations & Ground Operations Interface
- The Risk Management Process in a Safety Management System
- Understanding Hazards
- Root Cause Analyses Techniques
- Managing Risk Assessment
- Incident & Accident Investigation
- Event Interview & Analysis
- Ramp Safety Human Factors Introduction
- Human Factors & Safety Culture
- General Introduction – Ramp Safety
- Safety on the Ramp -What Can Happen & Why
- The Top 12 HF Precursors
- Error Models
- Landmark Incidents and Accidents
– Human Factor Related -Statistics
- Types of Violation
- Types of Errors and Strategies
- Human Performance and Limitations
- Fatigue Risk Management Systems
- Introduction to Ramp Safety Wear PPE,
- Marshalling equipment, gloves, wands etc
- Technical inspection of equipment
- Marshalling, risk assessment and local procedures
- Why “FOD” Poses a Safety Hazard
- How is Airside & other FOD Generated?
- How to Control the FOD Problem & The Airport Role
- F.O.D. check, aircraft arrival Inspection
- Airport Ramp & Runway Debris Control
- Developing FOD Critical Control Area Procedures
- Airside Compliance Monitoring oversight and objectives
- Airside Health & Safety
- Risk based Safety Assurance Auditing
- Airside Safety Supervision Training & Competency;
- Aerodrome Emergency Plan AEP
- Addressing Emergency Situations
- Actions in the event of an Emergency
- Safety Risk Control & Mitigation Exercise
Aerodrome Management and Operational Staff, Safety Managers, Quality Managers, Aerodrome Safety Personnel. Regulators and Airport SMS Stake holders.
A background in an aviation airport environment together with a comprehensive understanding of the theory and practice of SMS process and procedures will be an advantage.
- Understand the purpose and methodology of proactive SMS
- Understand the process by which an SMS should continue to develop within an Aerodrome Environment
- Be able to develop an effective process for the continuing management of a fully compliant SMS
- Develop skills related to Communication – Management and Supervision
What do People Say about Sofema Aviation Services Training
“Questions were welcomed and immediately answered.”
“The instructor made sure that every person understood the content of the course.”
“The presentation of the material was perfect.”
“The content was explained in detail.”
“The instructor stayed on one subject until it was cleared for everybody and then moved on”
5 Days – Each day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806