Periodically we should consider our Safety Management Systems in a more Holistic way to consider whether it is delivering the optimum benefit for our organisation.
This 1 day course aims to provide a comprehensive review of the overall effectiveness of our SMS. Delegates will undertake an overall review of SMS best practice and together with the regulatory driven obligations will perform a GAP analysis against their own organisation system.
The course is extremely intensive highly practical, and promotes best industry practices. It is an industry specific one-day program specifically designed for those who need to engage with a full understanding and manage, or deliver specific guidance within their own organisations.
The course is a highly participative and stimulates involvement and provides for powerful motivation.
Extensive use is made of group exercises, workshop activities, case studies and feedback.
Who is the Course for?
It is for persons who are actively involved in the management or Interaction or the organisations SMS including Quality Audit Staff, Nominated Persons, and business process owners, as well as anyone with an interest to achieve an effective understanding of the SMS processes.
What is the Benefit of this Training –What will I learn?
a)To be able to explain the organisation SMS methodology.
b)To understand the mechanism whereby the Senior Management can demonstrate effective oversight and management of its risks.
c)To understand the meaning of “Top Down” Safety Management Systems – and what it means for business leaders.
d)To be able to actively engage in the involvement of all the staff in safety
e) To understand the methodology used to mitigate or control the potential “safety threats by assessing hazards and dealing with the associated risks
f) Understanding the need to provide Senior Management with full awareness of the key risks or exposures of the business
g) To develop the ability to Mitigate or control the potential “safety threats.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– Abbreviations and Definitions
– SMS Overview – ICAO Driven
– Review of SMS Regulatory Obligations
– What is the current Status of the SMS within our Organisation & where are the challenges?
– Internal reporting into our SMS – how effective is it?
– The link between the Safety Office, QA and HF/ CRM training
– Risk Assessment & Root Cause Analysis review status and appraisal
– SMS Developments and the Management of Change
– Our SMS Training Program – how effective is it and how to measure?
– Safety Communication within the organisation – how to measure the effectiveness?
– SMS Effective Marketing and Raising Awareness
– Optimizing Safety Culture to promote SMS behaviour
– Data Gathering Techniques – evaluation of current and future practices
– Review and assessment of the Emergency Response Planning Process
– Developing our SMS progress and development plan
– General Debrief and Questions
This course will be of very significant benefit to all persons with a specific involvement in the organisations SMS, It will also be of interest to Quality Audit staff and potential trainers who need to have the necessary competence to deliver effective courses in the organisation.
Training Department Managers and other Training staff will also benefit from attendance at this course.
A background in an aviation environment together with a comprehensive understanding of the theory and practice of SMS process and procedures.
After attending this course, participants should be able to present to the senior management team an SMS development plan which will continue to drive your organisations SMS in a strong and positive direction.
What do People Say about Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“Excellent experience to learn from.”
“Keep us all the time to attention.”
“The instructor is deeply in the subject.”
“All my questions were welcomed and answered”
“ All the aspects of the course are very useful”
1 day – The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00 with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call + 359 28210806