Safety Assurance is looking at weakness in the organizational system which raises the exposure to risk. Safety Assurance is a forward-looking process.
It is not unusual to discover confusion when the discussion turns to Quality & Safety Auditing regarding the specific functions of the two different undertakings, namely a quality assurance audit and of a safety assurance audit system.
So consider that:
Whereas Quality is essentially looking at compliance, Safety is looking at Risk.
Therefore Safety Management Systems should focus extensively on the analysis of the data derived from the contributing elements of the various impacted areas.
The Safety Management System identifies as an essential goal, the improvement of the Safety Performance. In so doing the SMS aims to deliver an improvement in the risk exposure.
Looking at Risk is extremely subjective and this 1 Day course focuses on the best practices to deliver Safety Audits, understanding how to gather view and interpret the data we see in a meaningful way.
Who is the Course for?
This course is designed for professionals involved in safety management, risk assessment, and compliance within various industries.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
- Participants will gain a deep understanding of the key components and principles of SMS, including hazard identification, risk assessment, safety culture, and incident reporting.
- The course will provide participants with practical skills and techniques for conducting safety management audits, including planning, conducting interviews, gathering evidence, and reporting findings.
- Participants will learn how to assess an organization’s compliance with safety regulations and standards, and they will understand how to make valuable recommendations for improvement to enhance safety performance and prevent incidents.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– General Introduction
– Definitions and Abbreviations
– Sharing our SMS Understanding
– The Difference between Quality Assurance and Safety Assurance
– Understanding the nature of Risk
– Safety Auditor Competence
– Working within the Organizational SMS Structure
– Delivering Safety Audits
– Techniques for Advance Safety Auditing –DATA Driven
– Auditing the Organization’s Communication Tools
– Auditing the impact of Safety Culture on SMS
– Developing Preventative Strategies and the role of Performance Auditing
– Auditing Change Management across the Business
– SMS Performance Measurement Best Practice
This training is highly relevant for safety and quality assurance auditors Manager as well as business area stakeholders who need to have a deep appreciation of the safety audit process.
A background or understanding of Aviation Quality and Safety Systems
– To understand the fundamentals of Safety Auditing
– To understand the practical challenges to delivering effective Safety Audits
– To deal effectively with the cross-department issues
What do People Say About Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“The instructor used the right words to explain the material.”
“The discussions among the group were very beneficial.”
“The instructor showed a very resourceful background and experience.”
“All sections of the course were related to my field.”
“Adequate answers were given to specific questions.”
1 day – The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call + 359 28210806