This course is aimed at investigating – analyzing – understanding and developing mitigations for the incidents accidents and safety occurrences that are faced on a regular basis within our organisation.
Such incidents do not necessarily lead directly to significant negative outcomes, however, may become a precursor or element of a future event. We have an opportunity to subject such safety occurrences to correct and proper investigation and analysis, in this way they may have a significant and beneficial effect on the organisations ability to improve its safety performance.
Who is the Course for?
It is for persons who are Safety and Quality Audit staff, Members of the safety action group, safety experts, SMS stakeholders.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
After completion of this course, Delegates should be able to perform all steps necessary to perform appropriate investigations and analysis, and will be equipped to apply those skills in a practical way and propose mitigations within their organisation
This course is aimed at investigating analyzing understanding and developing mitigations for the incidents accidents and safety occurrences which are faced on a regular
basis within our organisation.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– Regulatory, Industry, and Business Drivers influencing our SMS
– Developing an Acceptable level of Safety Performance – Defining minimum Safety objectives
– Reviewing Safety Oversight Mechanisms
– Investigation and Analysis Considering Risk and Exposure – When to Perform Investigations
– Considering the SMS mandatory obligations and our follow up activities
– Roles and Responsibilities
– How to Implement, Develop and Optimize our Internal Reporting Mechanisms
– How to Maximize the Effect of Confidential Reporting – How Beneficial is Confidential Reporting?
Investigations – Structure & Preparation:
– Considering Investigator competence
– What level of investigation is appropriate – Measuring exposure and return on investment?
– Internal / External – Jurisdiction and Legal Considerations
– Investigator Responsibilities and Reporting Obligations
– Pre-requisites and preparations – individual and organisation perspectives
Sources of Information:
– Considering the Information available to the SMS
– Discussion regarding the aims and benefits of information collection
– How to effectively manage information -how to filter & process?
– Validity of Information – how long is information effective
Carrying out Interviews:
– Preparation before the interview
– Interview techniques for best results
– Environmental Considerations
– Effective Human Interaction – Knowledge test – qualifying the witness
– Witness testimony
– Feed back and Communication – Verification for Positive outcome
– Case Study 1 – Team Activity followed by Group Debrief
– Information evaluation to a standard
– Data and information organization and analysis. Structured Analysis
– Practical understanding of the role of Root Cause
– Identification of Root Cause
– Managing Root Cause Processes including Analysis
– Analysis using Logic Models and Simulations introduction
– The Role of Quantitative and Qualitative processes
– Developing Preventative Strategies and the role of Performance Auditing
Building a Timeline:
– Constructing the event time line which will support analysis
– Further investigation process derived from the time line
– Consider the “Why” together with the organisational factors involved
– Choosing the Investigation model to support this event
– Consider the bias which may be present and how we can discount
CRM an HF Considerations:
– How to develop a HF understanding within the environment of our investigation and to understand where the exposures exist
– Consider mitigations which may remove the exposures introduced by HF / CRM considerations
– Consider the pre cursors to errors and the connection with personal and organisationally optimizing violations
Risk Analysis and Management:
– Explores the concept of risk as a matter of perspective, and the interaction of consequences and likelihood to determine risk.
– How we Measure and Categorize Risk
Fishbone & Bowtie Analysis:
– Discusses the Tolerability and Acceptability of Risk to an Organization
– ARMS – Additional Considerations Understanding the Stages of Effectively Managing and Measuring Risk
– Delivering Safety Improvements through Cultural Change
– Developing Mitigations and Safety Improvements
– Considering the responsibility for managing Risk within the Organisation
– The responsibility of the Investigator to develop and present proposed mitigations
– The responsibility of the business area owner to consider mitigation proposals and to take the appropriate actions.
Reporting and Documenting Outcomes:
– Generating Reports in an appropriate format taking into account the needs of the recipient
– Structure and Content of the Report
– Team based activity involving all elements of the process, extensive, interactive and practical, producing a detailed investigation report to present to the responsible person with full justification of processes, methods and conclusions.
– Debrief and Close out
Safety and Quality Audit staff, Members of the safety action group, safety experts, SMS stake holders.
A strong understanding of QMS, SMS and organisational processes.
After completion of this course, Delegates should be able to perform all steps necessary to perform appropriate investigations and analysis, and will be equipped to apply those skills in a practical way and propose mitigation within their organisation.
What do People Say about Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“The instructor used the right words to explain the material.”
“The discussions among the group were very beneficial.”
“The instructor showed a very resourceful background and experience.”
“All sections of the course were related to my field.”
“Adequate answers were given to specific questions.”
5 Days – Each day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806