This course is for the Core Senior Management Team and explores both the understanding and opportunity to lead the Organisational Safety Management System SMS Processes throughout the business.
Have you noticed that EASA does not identify the Safety Manager as the responsible person for the SMS? Moreover, EASA identifies that it is not a requirement for the Safety Manager to attend top-level meetings – all of this leads us to an understanding of the Management Team, in particular, the Accountable Manager and Post Holders (Nominated Persons) in respect of their specific responsibility to ensure an active and dynamic SMS which clearly benefits the organization.
Perhaps not uniquely but without question “pivotally” Aviation Safety Management System is a “Top Down” system and it is essentially that it is “Managed in a proactive way by the “Senior Management”.
This 3-day course focuses on an understanding of Safety Performance within the Organisation as well as a deep understanding of the Management and Measurement principles of a performance-based system.
The training explores the responsibility of the Management Team to deliver an exceptional SMS together with an understanding of how this may be achieved.
Who is the course for?
The course is made for individuals responsible for overseeing safety management systems (SMS) and ensuring the implementation of proactive safety measures. It provides them with the knowledge and skills to effectively lead and promote a culture of safety within their organizations, emphasizing the importance of active engagement and continuous improvement in safety management.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
The training provides managers with the skills and knowledge to effectively lead safety initiatives, fostering a proactive safety culture within their organizations. This results in improved risk management, reduced incidents, and enhanced compliance with safety regulations and standards.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– Introduction to the Aviation SMS – What works well and what needs to Improve
– Review of Regulatory Drivers for our Aviation SMS
– Managing SMS Competence – How to achieve and who is responsible – will it stand up to audit?
– Using Safety Assurance to understand Safety Performance
– How do we measure Safety Performance and what does a continuing Safety Performance Look like?
– How to move from Reactive to Proactive SMS? – What is involved and how long should it take
– Understanding the effectiveness of the Safety Culture of Your Organisation
– Developing Safety Assurance Programmes – using Compliance as a data input
– Measuring the effectiveness of our Safety communication programs
– Developing SMS Data capture methodologies to enable risk-based analysis and proactive decision-making.
– Developing SMS across the business – Considering Fatigue Risk Management Programmes
– Using Human Factors and CRM-based programs to drive SMS
– Developing Competence in Risk Based Analysis Techniques
Nominated Persons and Post holders, Directors & Airline Operations Managers,
Safety System Directors and other Airline and MRO Stake Holders. Quality & Safety Managers and Quality & Safety Auditors.
A broad range of aviation exposures will typically be found in attendees to this training. The course is highly practical and significant and active participation will be expected.
After Completion Delegates will understand the:
– A focused understanding of the SMS Challenges together with the Techniques and solutions;
– All essential roles within the SMS process and how to ensure competence is maintained;
– Be able to identify and focus on the need for best practices throughout the Organisational SMS environment.
What do People Say About Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“I found satisfying answers to all my questions.”
“The instructor demonstrated a very deep knowledge of the subject.”
“The length of the course fits my needs and expectations.”
“The content was really effective, I gained a lot of new knowledge.”
“The practical examples were perfectly delivered.”
3 Days – Each training day will start at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806