Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel (ATSEP) refers to the specialists who collectively provide the development management and support of the Electronics and software on which the Air Traffic System Framework is built and functions.
The ATSEP group includers managers. engineers, technicians, as well as both computer hardware and software specialists.
Specific functions of the ATSEP group includes equipment specification, Installations and commissioning including testing and certification, Maintenance & Calibration of Air Traffic Control (ATC) equipment’s
As with all aviation groups sufficient focus must be placed on the minimization of human error exposure as well as sufficient attention to the safety system oversight and effectiveness of the technical process delivery.
It is essential that competence is managed in accordance with recommended standards and practices and this course provides delegates with a basic knowledge focused on the Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP) environment.
The training content is focused on ensuring compliance with the objectives of ICAO & EASA
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
a) Understand the regulatory Framework related to ATSEP
b) Be able to measure ATSEP Performance
c) Understand and Explain the organisation of Aeronautical Information Service (AIS)
d) Explain ATSEP System Monitoring & Control (SMC)
e) Be able to explain the role of ATC in the Air Traffic Management (ATM) environment
f) Understand the role of meteorology and meteorological information in ATM related to aircraft and ATS operations.
g) Awareness of principles used in Voice & Data Communications and navigation aids
h) Awareness of the principles used in Primary Radar, Secondary Radar and other Surveillance systems and the integration within ATM operations
i) Understand the requirements for general maintenance activities
Why Should I Choose SAS for the training?
Sofema Aviation Services a Regulatory training and consulting company with 45 years of commercial aviation experience and 12 years of operational experience. Since we started we have provided certificates to approx 25,000 delegates we have grown for 2 primary reasons!
The first is that we are professional and we listen to our customers. Please visit our download area as an example of how we engage with our customer.
The second is not only the fact that our prices are far more cost-effective than our competitors it is that our discount program leaves all the others way behind – please do not take our word for it check it out!
What Makes SAS Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel (ATSEP) Basic Introduction Course – 10 Days Different?
Because our courses are written by people who have lived through the regulations. The author of the training material has more than 25 years’ experience as an auditor across the entire regulatory spectrum.
At Sofema Aviation Services our focus is on accepting that compliance with Regulations is in fact minimum compliance. Interpreting the regulations in a way which enables the development and optimisation of our business is where we should see opportunity to drive efficiencies and cost saving.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– Abbreviations and Terms
– ICAO ATM & ATSEP Background
– EASA Regulatory Drivers for ATM & ATSP
– Requirements to be applied by the designated authority
– Requirements for engineering and technical personnel undertaking operational safety related tasks
– Requirements to be applied by the individual personnel
– ATC General Framework Review
– Description of the ATM work environment.
– Air Traffic Familiarisation (ATF)
– Description of the role of ATC in the ATM environment.
– Aeronautical Information Services (AIS)
– Definition of the organisation of AIS.
– Meteorology (MET) Introduction
– Considering the impact of meteorology on aircraft and ATS operations, the importance of meteorological information in ATM
– System Monitoring and Control (SMC) Introduction
– Management of the SMC function and description of its basic principles.
– Achieving Competence within the ATSEP Environment within the following areas – Communication, Navigation, Surveillance and Data Processing.
– Introduction to communications, navigation and surveillance/air traffic management (CNS/ATM) systems
– CNS /ATM systems – Communications – Description of the principles used in voice and data communication.
– CNS /ATM systems – Data Communications
– CNS /ATM systems – Navigation – Description of the principles of navigation and navigational aids and their use in ATM
– CNS /ATM systems – Surveillance and Data Processing – Description of the basic principles used in primary radar, secondary radar and other surveillance systems, and their use in ATM operations.
– Data Processing (DAT) – Description of the principles used in data processing and their use in ATM operations.
– CNS /ATM Maintenance Procedures Development and Management.
– CNS /ATM Facilities and Environment Basic Requirement Management & Development
Competent Authority, ATC & ANS, ATSEP Staff, Quality Audit Personnel & Stakeholders with an interest in the subject matter.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
Understand at a fundamental level the CNS/ATM technical and operational environment.
Be familiar with the core functions of the programme including CNS /ATM systems – Communications – CNS /ATM systems – Data Communications – CNS /ATM systems – Navigation – CNS /ATM systems – Surveillance and Data Processing – ANSP – Systems Monitoring and Control (SMC).
What do People Say about Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“The instructor used the right words to explain the material.”
“The discussions among the group were very beneficial.”
“The instructor showed a very resourceful background and experience.”
“All sections of the course were related to my field.”
“Adequate answers were given to specific questions.”
10 days – Each training day will start at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.