The purpose of this 3 day in depth training is to consider the roles, responsibilities and obligations related to the process of accident investigation including an understanding of the different philosophies. This course will provide you with a detailed and basic understanding of the process of aircraft accident investigation and timeline construction process Aircraft accident and incident investigations typically calls on a multi discipline approach to fact finding reconstruction and determination, typically supported by subject matter experts in design, manufacturing, certification, together with inservice operation and maintenance. As a representative or stakeholder who is active in observing or supporting the process it is essential to have a strong understanding of aircraft accident investigation and reconstruction methodology.
Where & When is the Course?
Who is the Course for?
It is for anyone with an interest to get deeper into the fundamentals of Aircraft Accident Investigation. The course is intended to provide participants with the basic tools by which they will be able to provide for and perform an investigation on organisational accidents, incidents and other safety related issues. Industry personnel who are wishing to achieve an overview of the various techniques, process and related understanding of human factors related to event analysis.
Airline Operational, Safety Management System and Quality Staff who wish to achieve an understanding of the investigation process which provides you with the knowledge to support and participate in a formal investigations. CAA administrations, airport authorities, air navigation service providers (ANSP) and other related aviation organisations and stake holders.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
a) To achieve an understanding related to the investigation methodology to ensure compliance with legislation, regulations and national requirements.
b) How to gather, manage, catalogue and ensure the integrity of the evidence
c) Consider the impact of the operational and technical environment required to support the investigation
d) Identify the key requirements and steps in the investigation process.
e) Be able to assess human factor involvement throughout the chain of events
f) Understand Certification and assessment related to crashworthiness
g) Review methodologies associated with evaluation and analysis
h) Understand the timeline construction process
i) How to analyse evidence – due diligence and root cause determination.
j) The construction of a final report which complies with the required framework
Why Should I choose SAS for the training?
Sofema Aviation Services a Regulatory training and consulting company with 45 years commercial aviation experience and 10 years operational experience. Since we started we have provided certificates to approx 15,000 delegates we have grown for 2 primary reasons! The first is that we are professional and we listen to our customers. Please visit our download area as an example of how we engage with our customer Download Area
The second is not only the fact that our prices are far more cost effective than our competitors it is that our discount program leaves all the others way behind
– please do not take our word for it check it out! SAS Discount Program
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed -
- Abbreviations & Definitions
- Regulatory Background ICAO / EASA / GCAA
- ICAO Annex 13 Introduction and Associated Documents
- Introduction to the Task of Aircraft Accident Investigation
- The Goals and Objectives of Aircraft Incident Investigations
- Case Study No 1 (optimised for Course Participants)
- Preparation and Independence
- Safety Management Fundamentals related to ICAO Annex 13
- Aircraft Certification CS25 & CS 23 Crashworthiness and Survivability
- Considering the Legal Requirements for Incident Investigation and Reporting
- Investigation -Key Stages Review Fact Finding, Analysis, Conclusions, Recommendations, Final Report
- Case Study No 2 (optimised for Course Participants)
- Managing Accident & Incident Data Sources
- Analysis of the Data typical Methods and Techniques
- Advanced Analytical Procedures
- The Use of Reconstruction Techniques
- Building Conclusions Based on Analysis
- How to Approach Contributory Factors, Risk and Severity
- Human Factors Considerations and Integration into the Aircraft Accident Analytical Process.
- Interview Preparation Techniques and Methods
- Operational & Environmental Considerations
- Considering Mitigations and Recommendation Proposals
- Developing an objective report
- Case Study No 3 (optimised for Course Participants)
- General Debrief and Close
Pre Requisites –
Participants should have a strong aviation operational or technical background together with a functional understanding of the aviation industry. Delegates should bring their Lap tops as part of the training program.
3 Days – Each Training day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806