Sofema Aviation Services offers Training, Support and Guidance to help you understand, develop and implement an Effective Error Management Systems to deliver the safest possible organization process.
With the forthcoming developments ofEASA Part 145 driven by NPA 2013-01 the developments of an Internal safety reporting scheme have been strengthened with the introduction ofas a separate provision 145.A.62 ‘Internal Safety Reporting Scheme’ and the existing provisions have been further enhanced and complemented with specific AMC and GM.
The new provisions aim at the establishment of a confidential internal safety reporting scheme as part of the organisation’s ‘safety information system’ to help the organisation foster its safety culture.
This is important as a strong safety culture is an essential ingredient for effective safety management.
It is important to note that the intent of the internal safety reporting scheme is not only to capture reactive safety information following from errors, near-misses or other undesirable events (occurrences) but also to capture safety hazards.
This Industry specific 3 Day course is aimed at the understanding andimplementation ofthe necessary elements to create an effective Maintenance Error Management System either stand alone or to become a component of the organizational SMS within your company.
The training considers the attributes of an effective and open reporting culture and how this may be fostered.
The training will focus on the use of the Boeing MEDA tool as an aid to performing event Investigations.
What people say about the Training? –
“Very Valuable –Theory, Case Studies and Implementation”
“Good Examples and sharing of Information”
“Will improve our concept of the relationship between SMS & MEMS”
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed –
– Abbreviations & Definitions
– General Introduction
– Regulatory Background SMS / MEMS / FRMS
– Challenges To Delivering an Effective MEMS
– Error, Violations, Blame & Culpability
– Managing Aviation Maintenance Error
– Understanding Hazard Identification and Risk Management
– Key Components of Maintenance Error Management Systems
– Practical guide to building a MEMS System
– Introduction to Boeing Maintenance Error Decision Aid system
– Detailed understanding of the Boeing Maintenance Error Decision Aid system
– Completing The MEDA Form
– Conducting a MEDA Interview
– Integrating MEMS into a Safety Management System
– Case Studies in Maintenance Error
– Fatigue Risk Management considerations
– Implementing Proactive Reduction Strategies
– Practical Audit Techniques
– Practical Exercise using MEDA
Target Groups –
145 Safety Management System Staff,Quality Assurance Staff, Maintenance Management Staff, Other Stake holders and Engineering Training Staff.
General Awareness of the Aircraft Maintenance Management process.
Learning Objectives –
Consider the background regarding developments in the Industry understanding relating to Maintenance Error.
Understand the components necessary for an Effective Error Management System within your own organisation.
Develop a detailed knowledge of the Boeing Maintenance Error Decision Aid.
3 days – Start at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806