EASA Part SPA was issued as Annex V to Commission Regulation 965/2012.
Part SPA provides for the Implementing Rules, (IRs), Acceptable Means of Compliance, (AMCs), and Guidance Material, (GMs) related to Specific Approvals which are available for an Air Operator Certificate (AOC) –Air Carrier (AC) to apply for.
This course will review the framework of the following Specific Approvals:
ETOPS (Extended Range Operations with Two EnginedAeroplanes)
RSVM (Reduced Vertical Separation Minima)
PBN (Performance Based Navigation)
LVO (Low Visibility Operations)
MNPS (Specified Minimum Navigation Performance)
AWOPS (All Weather Operations)
To consider the background, development, regulatory drivers with EASA focus including reference to International and National considerations where relevant.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for individuals who are involved in the aviation industry and are responsible for obtaining specific approvals related to Performance-Based Navigation (PBN), Minimum Navigation Performance Specifications (MNPS), Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM), Low Visibility Operations (LVO), and Extended-range Twin-engine Operations (ETOPS). This course is particularly useful for aviation professionals working in regulatory authorities, airlines, air traffic management organizations, and aviation training organizations.
What are the benefits of attending this training?
a) Understand the regulatory requirements to control and manage all SPA -Specific Approvals
b) Be able to Implement Quality Control Process and Procedures related to SPA -Specific Approvals
c) Understand the requirements related to Quality & Safety organisational obligations including Quality Assurance (QA) & Quality Control (QC)
d) Communicate SPA requirements and Motivate staff to ensure effective organisational system performance
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
- General Introduction
- Abbreviations & Terms
- Annex V (Part-SPA) Regulatory Introduction
- ETOPS (Extended Range Operations with Two Engined Aeroplanes) Introduction
- EDTO, and how it relates to ETOPS – transitioning from ETOPS to EDTO
- ETOPS Legislation and Regulatory Background
- Configuration Maintenance and Procedures (CMP) Documents
- ETOPS Verification Program
- ETOPS Fuel Management
- Introduction to Reduced Vertical Separation Minima (RVSM)
- RVSM Regulatory Background and Requirements
- Use of ADS-B Out to Support RVSM OPS
- RVSM Continued Airworthiness & Maintenance Requirements
- MNPS (Specified Minimum Navigation Performance) Background Introduction & Development
- EASA Requirements Related to Specific Approval (MNPS)
- Consideration Related to MNPS Approval
- Introduction to PBN
- Evolution of ICAO Navigation Specifications
- ICAO Global Air Navigation Plan and Timeline
- EASA Regulatory Drivers for PBN
- FAA Regulatory Drivers for PBN
- Future Air Navigation System FANS
- Airline Operations & Maintenance Responsibilities related to FANS
- Considering CNS/ATM, Communications, navigation, and surveillance systems (CNS) and Air Traffic Management System (ATM)
- Review of RNAV/RNP-equipped Flight Management Systems (FMS)
- General Introduction – All Weather Operations “AWOPS” (LVO)
- Low Visibility OPS Regulatory Drivers
- Introduction Certification Specification – All Weather Operations CS-AWO
Regulatory Authority Members, Flight Safety Department Managers and Inspectors with operational oversight responsibilities, Operations Accountable Managers and proposed Nominated Persons (NP) Flight OPS, Maintenance
Planning (CAMO) and Maintenance OPS (145) , Crew Training and Ground Ops, Compliance Monitoring Managers (Quality Managers) and Auditors, Safety Managers, Flight Safety Officers, Flight Operations Officers and Cabin Crew Management.
A background or understanding of Operations within European aviation will be an advantage.
To familiarize Regulatory Authorities Current AOC holders and other Operational and Concerned Personnel Maintenance Management & Operations with a detailed understanding of SPA Operations Approval and the requirements for an Operator and Maintenance Organisation to remain compliant.
What do People Say about Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“The instructor used the right words to explain the material.”
“The discussions among the group were very beneficial.”
“The instructor showed a very resourceful background and experience.”
“All sections of the course were related to my field.”
“Adequate answers were given to specific questions.”
2 days –Each day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
Sofema Aviation Services offers a flexible approach to developing all in-company training courses which are specific to the client’s needs. If you would like additional information concerning how course content may be configured to be more appropriate for your organisation please email email@example.com
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806