This intensive 4 Day course is specifically designed to focus on the needs of the Safety and Quality Department to ensure delivery to exacting standards. The course is highly participative and assumes prior knowledge of SMS requirements and objectives.
The airport is a busy and dynamic environment with many stakeholders required to integrate into a unified SMS process. An effective SMS is about identifying exposure to risk as felt by the entire business. With the introduction of EASA Commission Regulation (EU) No 139/2014, EASA is creating a performance-based regulatory environment for Aerodrome Operators and Operations.
The primary focus of the training is to support the delegate’s need to deliver effective management of safety including the process to measure risk and exposure and the development of mitigation strategies.
Who is the Course for?
Airport Managers, Nominated Persons, Regulatory Authority Personnel, Quality & Safety Practitioners, and other stakeholders.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
Detailed understanding of the Regulatory Drivers to ensure compliance
Achieve a practical understanding of the best practice management techniques and safety mechanisms to ensure compliance
Understand techniques to ensure performance monitoring and measurement.
Understand practical planning considerations
Understand how to develop and manage active procedures
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed –
– SMS Introduction and current industry status
– Review of the regulations applicable to the Flight safety management division.
– SMS Gap Analysis What is the current status of “our” SMS – Workshop Activity
– SMS Flight Safety Considerations
– Integrating Flight Safety Management into the operational process
Recognition and ongoing management of Threats
– Risk Assessment & Risk Management
– Root Cause Analysis
– Advanced Risk Analysis
– Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Assessment Processes – an integrated approach
– Risk re-evaluation and Mitigation management
– Internal reporting into our SMS – how effective is it? – Workshop Activity
– SMS Developments and the Management of Change
– Our SMS Training Program – how effective is it and how to measure? – Workshop Activity
– Safety Communication within the organization – how to measure the effectiveness?
– Optimizing Safety Culture to promote SMS behavior
– Data Gathering Techniques – evaluation of current and future practices
– Review and assessment of the Emergency Response Planning Process
– Emergency Response Table Top Exercise – Workshop Activity
– Developing our SMS progress and development plan – Workshop Activity
– General Debrief and Questions
Aerodrome Management and Operational Staff, Safety Managers, Quality Managers, and Aerodrome Safety Personnel.Regulators and Airport SMS Stakeholders.
A background in an airport environment is an advantage, specific SMS competencies are essential.
– Understand the techniques used to determine risk and develop mitigation
– Understand the purpose and methodology of proactive SMS
– Understand the process by which an SMS should continue to develop within an Aerodrome Environment
– Be able to develop an effective process for the continuing management of a fully compliant SMS
What do People Say About Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“I found satisfying answers to all my questions.”
“The instructor demonstrated a very deep knowledge of the subject.”
“The length of the course fits my needs and expectations.”
“The content was really effective, I gained a lot of new knowledge.”
“The practical examples were perfectly delivered.”
4 days – Each Training day will start at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806