Safety Assurance is looking at weakness in the organizational system which raises the exposure to risk. Safety Assurance is a forward-looking process.
It is not unusual to discover confusion when the discussion turns to Quality & Safety Auditing regarding the specific functions of the two different undertakings, namely a quality assurance audit and that a safety assurance audit system.
So consider that:
Whereas Quality is essentially looking at compliance, Safety is looking at Risk.
Therefore Safety Management Systems should focus extensively on the analysis of the data derived from the contributing elements of the various impacted areas.
The Safety Management System identifies as an essential goal, the improvement of the Safety Performance. In so doing the SMS aims to deliver an improvement in the risk exposure.
Looking at Risk is extremely subjective and this 2 Day course focuses on the best practices to deliver Safety Audits, understanding how to gather view, and interpret the data we see in a meaningful way.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for safety professionals, auditors, and individuals responsible for conducting audits of safety management systems within organizations. The course aims to enhance participants’ skills in auditing techniques, methodologies, and best practices specific to safety management systems, enabling them to effectively assess the compliance and effectiveness of safety programs and identify areas for improvement.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
The participants will learn how to conduct thorough and effective audits of safety management systems. They will gain knowledge and skills in audit planning, interviewing techniques, documentation review, data analysis, and reporting, enabling them to assess compliance, identify gaps, and provide recommendations for improving safety management systems within organizations.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– General SMS Introduction
– Definitions and Abbreviations
– The Difference between Quality and Safety Assurance
– Understanding the nature of Risk
– Quality Auditing Techniques and the Bridge to SMS
– Performance Auditing challenges and the link to Safety Auditing
– Safety Auditor Competences
– Working within the Organisational SMS Structure
– Delivering Safety Audits
– Techniques for Advance Safety Auditing –DATA Driven
– Auditing the organization’s Communication Tools
– Auditing the impact of Safety Culture on SMS
– Developing Preventative Strategies and the Role of Performance Auditing
– Auditing Change Management across the Business
– SMS Performance Measurement Best Practice
– How to develop an HF understanding within the environment of our SMS
– How to Evaluate the Organization Data Capture and Data Analysis Processes
– SMS Audit – Case Study
This training is highly relevant for safety and quality assurance auditors Managers as well as business area stakeholders who need to have a deep appreciation of the safety audit process.
A background or understanding of Aviation Quality and Safety Systems
– To understand the fundamentals of Safety Auditing
– To understand the practical challenges to delivering effective Safety Audits
– To deal effectively with the cross-department issues
What do People Say About Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“I found satisfying answers to all my questions.”
“The instructor demonstrated a very deep knowledge of the subject.”
“The length of the course fits my needs and expectations.”
“The content was really effective, I gained a lot of new knowledge.”
“The practical examples were perfectly delivered.”
2 days – The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call + 359 28210806