Safety Assurance is looking at weakness in the organisational system which raises the exposure to risk. Safety Assurance is a forward looking process.
It is not unusual to discover confusion when the discussion turns to Quality & Safety Auditing regarding the specific functions of the two different undertakings, namely a quality assurance audit and that of a safety assurance audit system.
So consider that:
Where as Quality is essentially looking at compliance, Safety is looking at Risk.
Therefore Safety Management Systems should focus extensively on the analysis of the data derived from the contributing elements of the various impacted areas.
The Safety Management System identifies as an essential goal, the improvement of the Safety Performance. In so doing the SMS aims to deliver an improvement in the risk exposure.
Looking at Risk is extremely subjective and this 2 Day course focuses on the best practices to deliver Safety Audits, understanding how to gather view and interpret the data we see in a meaningful way.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
- General SMS Introduction
- Definitions and Abbreviations
- The Difference between Quality and Safety Assurance
- Understanding the nature of Risk
- Quality Auditing Techniques and the Bridge to SMS
- Performance Auditing challenges and the link to Safety Auditing
- Safety Auditor Competences
- Working within the Organisational SMS Structure
- Delivering Safety Audits
- Techniques for Advance Safety Auditing –DATA Driven
- Auditing the Organisations Communication Tools
- Auditing the impact of Safety Culture on SMS
- Developing Preventative Strategies and the role of Performance Auditing
- Auditing Change Management across the Business
- SMS Performance Measurement Best Practice
- How to develop a HF understanding within the environment of our SMS
- How to Evaluate the Organization Data Capture and Data Analysis Processes
- SMS Audit – Case Study
This training is highly relevant for safety and quality assurance auditors Manager as well as business area stake holders who need to have a deep appreciation of the safety audit process.
A background or understanding of Aviation Quality and Safety Systems
- To understand the fundamentals of Safety Auditing
- To understand the practical challenges to deliver effective Safety Audits
- To deal effectively with the cross department issues
2 days – The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call + 359 28210806