Safety Assurance is looking at weakness in the organisational system which raises the exposure to risk. Safety Assurance is a forward-looking process.
It is not unusual to discover confusion when the discussion turns to Quality & Safety Auditing regarding the specific functions of the two different undertakings, namely a quality assurance audit and of a safety assurance audit system.
So consider that:
Whereas Quality is essentially looking at compliance, Safety is looking at Risk.
Therefore Safety Management Systems should focus extensively on the analysis of the data derived from the contributing elements of the various impacted areas.
The Safety Management System identifies as an essential goal, the improvement of the Safety Performance. In so doing the SMS aims to deliver an improvement in the risk exposure.
Looking at Risk is extremely subjective and this 3 Day course focuses on the best practices to deliver Safety Audits, understanding how to gather view and interpret the data we see in a meaningful way.
What are the benefits – What will I learn?
a) Be able to explain the concept of SMS and what it can deliver to the organisation
b) Understand the role of Safety Culture within an SMS Environment
c) Explain how Safety Risks are Managed Proactively
d) Understand the benefits of integration of SMS within the Organisations Management System
e) Achieve the ability to fully engage with your organizations SMS
f) Meet and exceed all regulatory obligations related to the basic training of SMS
g) To Understand effective processes for auditing SMS
h) Understand how to measure the effectiveness of an SMS
Who is the course for?
This training is highly relevant for safety and quality assurance auditors Managers as well as business area stakeholders who need to have a deep appreciation of the safety audit process.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– General SMS Introduction
– Definitions and Abbreviations
– The Difference between Quality and Safety Assurance
– Understanding the nature of Risk
– Quality Auditing Techniques and the Bridge to SMS
– Performance Auditing challenges and the link to Safety Auditing
– Safety Auditor Competences
– Working within the Organisational SMS Structure
– Delivering Safety Audits
– Techniques for Advance Safety Auditing –DATA Driven
– Auditing the Organisations Communication Tools
– Auditing the impact of Safety Culture on SMS
– Requirements and Methods for the Correct Identification of Root Cause
– Advanced Root Cause Analytical Procedures –Techniques to determine RC
– Root Cause Analysis Considerations Related to Exposure
– Proposing a Corrective Action Plan to Ensure Effective Mitigation of the Identified Exposure
– Developing Preventative Strategies and the Role of Performance Auditing
– Auditing Change Management across the Business
– SMS Performance Measurement Best Practice
– How to develop an HF understanding within the environment of our SMS
– How to Evaluate the Organization’s Data Capture and Data Analysis Processes
– SMS Audit – Case Study Workshop activity
Safety and quality assurance auditors Manager, business area stakeholders who need to have a deep appreciation of the safety audit process.
A background or understanding of Aviation Quality and Safety Systems
– To understand the fundamentals of Safety Auditing
– To understand the practical challenges to delivering effective Safety Audits
– To deal effectively with the cross-department issues
What do People Say About Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“I found satisfying answers to all my questions.”
“The instructor demonstrated a very deep knowledge of the subject.”
“The length of the course fits my needs and expectations.”
“The content was really effective, I gained a lot of new knowledge.”
“The practical examples were perfectly delivered.”
3 days – The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
Sofema Aviation Services offers a flexible approach to developing all in-company training courses which are specific to the client’s needs. If you would like additional information concerning how course content may be configured to be more appropriate for your organisation please email email@example.com