Safety Assurance is looking at weakness in the organisational system which raises the exposure to risk. Safety Assurance is a forward looking process.
It is not unusual to discover confusion when the discussion turns to Quality & Safety Auditing regarding the specific functions of the two different undertakings, namely a quality assurance audit and that of a safety assurance audit system.
So consider that:
Where as Quality is essentially looking at compliance, Safety is looking at Risk.
Therefore Safety Management Systems should focus extensively on the analysis of the data derived from the contributing elements of the various impacted areas.
The Safety Management System identifies as an essential goal, the improvement of the Safety Performance. In so doing the SMS aims to deliver an improvement in the risk exposure.
Looking at Risk is extremely subjective and this 3 Day course focuses on the best practices to deliver Safety Audits, understanding how to gather view and interpret the data we see in a meaningful way.
What are the benefits – What will I learn?
a) Be able to explain the concept of SMS and what it can deliver for the organisation
b) Understand the role of Safety Culture within an SMS Environment
c) Explain how Safety Risks are Managed Proactively
d) Understand the benefits of integration of SMS within the Organisations Management System
e) Achieve the ability to fully engage with you organisations SMS
f) Meet and exceed all regulatory obligations related to the basic training of SMS
g) To Understand effective processes for auditing SMS
h) Understand how to measure the effectiveness of an SMS
Who is the course for?
This training is highly relevant for safety and quality assurance auditors Manager as well as business area stake holders who need to have a deep appreciation of the safety audit process.
Why Should I choose SAS for the training?
Sofema Aviation Services a Regulatory training and consulting company with 45 years commercial aviation experience and 10 years operational experience. Since we started we have provided certificates to approx 15,000 delegates we have grown for 2 primary reasons!
The first is that we are professional and we listen to our customers. Please visit our download area as an example of how we engage with our customer Download Area
The second is not only the fact that our prices are far more cost effective than our competitors it is that our discount program leaves all the others way behind – please do not take our word for it check it out! SAS Discount Program.
What makes SAS Safety Management Systems Audit Techniques & Workshop – 3 Days Different?
Because our courses are written by people who have lived through the regulations, from the introduction in the early 1990’s of EASA Part 145 and the Introduction of JAR OPS 1 in 1998 (later to be come EASA EU OPS) together with the introduction of EASA Part M in 2003. The material author spent more than 25 years carrying out audits within a commercial aviation environment.
We were delivering training during the ICAO SMS Implementation year 2009 and the introduction into EASA OPS with regulation 965/2012
At Sofema Aviation Services our focus is on accepting that compliance with EASA Regulations is in fact minimum compliance. Interpreting the regulations in a way which enables the development and optimization of our business is where we should see opportunity to drive efficiency and cost saving
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
- General SMS Introduction
- Definitions and Abbreviations
- The Difference between Quality and Safety Assurance
- Understanding the nature of Risk
- Quality Auditing Techniques and the Bridge to SMS
- Performance Auditing challenges and the link to Safety Auditing
- Safety Auditor Competences
- Working within the Organisational SMS Structure
- Delivering Safety Audits
- Techniques for Advance Safety Auditing –DATA Driven
- Auditing the Organisations Communication Tools
- Auditing the impact of Safety Culture on SMS
- Requirements and Methods for the Correct Identification of Root Cause
- Advanced Root Cause Analytical Procedures –Techniques to determine RC
- Root Cause Analysis Considerations Related to Exposure
- Proposing a Corrective Action Plan to Ensure Effective Mitigation of the Identified Exposure
- Developing Preventative Strategies and the role of Performance Auditing
- Auditing Change Management across the Business
- SMS Performance Measurement Best Practice
- How to develop a HF understanding within the environment of our SMS
- How to Evaluate the Organization Data Capture and Data Analysis Processes
- SMS Audit – Case Study Workshop activity
Safety and quality assurance auditors Manager, business area stake holders who need to have a deep appreciation of the safety audit process.
A background or understanding of Aviation Quality and Safety Systems
- To understand the fundamentals of Safety Auditing
- To understand the practical challenges to deliver effective Safety Audits
- To deal effectively with the cross department issues
3 days – The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
Sofema Aviation Services offers a flexible approach to developing all in-company training courses which are specific to the client’s needs. If you would like additional information concerning how course content may be configured to be more appropriate for your organisation please email email@example.com