The course reviews all the fundamentals and considers the various training elements, which are required for each group and considers effective ways of delivering the training.
Developing an organizational capability to deliver Safety Management Training will benefit the organization and allow the delivery of SMS related training courses to be targeted and specific. The primary purpose of this 5 day training is to focus your SMS Nominated Trainer on the most effective processes for delivering SMS training throughout the organization.
SMS TTT Safety Management System Train the Trainer is a highly practical course, and promotes best training practices. It is an industry specific five-day program specifically designed for those who need to manage, or deliver Safety Management System Training.
The course is a highly participative and stimulates involvement and provides for powerful motivation. To introduce the delegate to training skills and to provide the confidence which can be developed to deliver effective SMS Training within each specific business area.
Delegates will make their own 20 minute presentation which will be filmed and presented on a Flash.
DETAILED CONTENT / TOPICS (the following subjects will be addressed) –
– General Introduction
– SMS Facing the Challenges of Training an Adult Group
– Delivering Effective Training – Personal Considerations
– The SMS Trainers Learning Path
– Managing Trainer Competence
– Relationship Management and Emotional Intelligence
– Trainer Personal Development & Coaching
– Considering Presentation Techniques
– Understanding SMS Training to meet IOSA, ICAO & EASA requirements and how this will impact our organisation
– Review Management and Oversight issues related to SMS Training
– Training Organisational Roles, Safety Review Board, Action Groups and Safety Reps
– What is Andragogy– Understanding the Adult learning process – Theories and Motivation
– View Case Study followed by General Discussion & Debrief
– Communicating / Giving Feedback
– Speaking in Public – Developing your skills
– Individual Speaking Practical Exercise
– Balancing Presentation, Motivation Debate & Discussion
– SMS Management and Supporting Documentation
– Non Verbal Communications
– The Use of Case Studies – Presenting Workplace SMS related Issues
– The Safety Manager and the role of Quality Assurance (Compliance) and Safety Assurance
– Error, Violations, Blame & Culpability
– Understanding Safety Culture within our organisation
– Safety Culture and effective SMS Training
– Group Presentation dealing with the specific challenges of culture within the organisation
– Case Study followed by General Discussion and Debrief
– SMS The Role of Emergency Response Training
– Group discussion – considering the Role of ERP – SMS and Change Management processes – How to deliver effective training
– Delivering Hazard Identification Training
– Root Cause and Analytical Processes
– Risk Assessment & Mitigation
– Practical Training Techniques – the Role of Hazard Identification and Root Cause
– View Case Study followed by General Discussion and Debrief
– Understanding the stages of effectively managing and measuring risk
– Considerations related to the Training of Aviation Safety Auditing
– Review – Dealing with the Challenge of Delivering Effective SMS Training
– Developing the SMS Training Program – Practical Considerations
– Developing the ERP Training Program –Practical Considerations
– Writing a Lesson Plan
– Delivering your own SMS presentation – 20 mins
– Closing Debrief
TARGET GROUPS –
This course will be of very significant benefit to potential Safety Management System trainers who need to have the necessary competence to deliver effective SMS Training.
Quality Department, Safety Department, Training Department Managers and other Training staff will also benefit from attendance to this course.
A background in an aviation maintenance environment. A comprehensive understanding of how a fully integrated Safety Management System provides a mechanism to proactively seek, identify, quantify and mitigate risks and potential hazards which exist in the business. Sufficient knowledge to understand how an SMS can work effectively within their company and what is required to make this happen.
The course will introduce the delegate to training skills and to provide the confidence which can be developed to deliver effective SMS Training. An essential element then of benefiting from this training is to focus on the issues, how they relate in our work place, and what we need to do to address them.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES –
After attending this course, participants should be able to develop a company specific comprehensive Safety Management Training program compliant with the requirements of ICAO annex
5 Days – Each training day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806