Safety Assurance is looking at weakness in the organisational system which raises the exposure to risk. Safety Assurance is a forward-looking process.
It is almost 10 years since the introduction of Proactive Safety Management Systems (SMS) and the process of integrating best practice SMS continues throughout the Industry.
This course focuses on the regulatory drivers related to the delivery of an effective Safety Management System Reporting Process and provides a comprehensive understanding of the regulations which drive the SMS obligations to generate and manage reports as well as the process of Accident & Incident Investigation driven by ICAO regulation
Annex 13 provides the international requirements for the investigation of aircraft accidents and incidents serving as a reference document for people around the world who may be called on, often without any lead time, to deal with the many aspects involved in the investigation of an aircraft accident or serious incident.
Whilst civil air transport is considered to be the safest means of transport, the potential never the less exists regarding the ongoing exposure to many potential dangers.
Safety Management Systems should focus extensively on the analysis of the data derived from the contributing elements of the various impacted areas.
Who is the Course for?
It is for persons who are actively involved in the management or Interaction or the organisations SMS including Quality Audit Staff, Nominated Persons, and business process owners, as well as anyone with an interest to achieve an effective understanding of the SMS Hazard Identification & Risk Mitigation and SMS reporting processes.
What is the Benefit of this Training –What will I learn?
a) Gain an awareness of the philosophy of safety management
b) Be able to explain the needs and benefits of an effective SMS Reporting System
c) Be able to deliver a SMS gap analysis process and generate findings
d) Understand the application of SMS within the business environment
e) Understand Roles and Responsibilities related to the Effective Implementation of an SMS reporting system
f) Be able to engage with effective risk assessment and deliver effective root cause analysis
g) Be able to engage with and apply effective SMS auditing techniques
h) Be able to acquire and manage Data within the within the SMS Environment
Why Should I choose SAS for the training?
SofemaAviation Services is a Regulatory training and consulting company with 45 years commercial aviation experience and 10 years operational experience. Since we started, we have provided certificates to approximately 15,000 delegates. We have grown for 2 primary reasons!
The first is that we are professional, and we listen to our customers. Please visit our download area as an example of how we engage with our customers.
The second is not only the fact that our prices are far more cost effective than our competitors, it is that our discount program leaves all the others way behind –please do not take our word for it, check it out!
What Makes Safety Occurrence & Reporting – 3 Days Training Different?
Because our courses are written by people who have lived through the regulations. The author of the training material has more than 25 years’ experience as an auditor across the entire regulatory spectrum.
At Sofema Aviation Services our focus is on accepting that compliance with Regulations is in fact minimum compliance. Interpreting the regulations in a way which enables the development and optimisation of our business is where we should see opportunity to drive efficiencies and cost saving.
Detailed Content / Topics -The following Subjects will be addressed
– SMS Occurrence And Reporting Introduction
– Abbreviations and Definitions
– ICAO Regulatory Drivers for Safety Reporting
– Annex 13 Incident & Accident Investigation Methodology
– Accident/Incident Data Reporting (ADREP)
– The Role of Annex 6 Related to Safety Reporting
– What is the Current Status of SMS Occurrence Reporting Within your Organisation & Where are the Challenges?
– General Introduction to Safety Reporting
– Safety Management System Occurrence Reporting Considerations
– Aviation Safety Management Systems Risk Assessment Considerations
– Effective Safety Reporting
– Measuring Safety Performance of Safety Reporting Systems
– Safety Reporting Guidance for Aviation Employees
– Considering the Challenges to Effective Reporting
– Considerations Related to Aviation SMS Effective Safety Reporting Principles
– EASA SMS Reporting Mechanisms
– Line Operation Safety Assessment – LOSA
– Regulation (EU) 376 / 2014
– AMC 20-8
– Mandatory Occurrence Reports
– Voluntary Occurrence Reports
– Confidential Voluntary Occurrence Reports
– Considering Root Cause and Contributing Cause Analysis
– Auditing of Safety & Reporting Systems
– The Role of Organisational Culture in Aviation Safety Occurrence and Reporting
– Safety Reports Analysis Workshop Activity
– Exam & Debrief
This training is highly relevant for Senior Management, Safety Management as well as Quality Assurance Auditors. Business area Manager as well as other stake holders in the SMS reporting System who need to have a deep appreciation of the safety reporting process.
A background or understanding of Aviation Quality and Safety Systems
– To understand the fundamentals of Safety System Reporting
– To understand the practical challenges to Manage effective Safety Reporting Systems
– To deal effectively with the multiple issues arising
3 days – each day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
Sofema Aviation Services offers a flexible approach to developing all in-company training courses which are specific to the client’s needs. If you would like additional information concerning how course content may be configured to be more appropriate for your organization please email email@example.com
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806