Safety Assurance is looking at weakness in the organizational system which raises the exposure to risk. Safety Assurance is a forward-looking process.
It is almost 10 years since the introduction of Proactive Safety Management Systems (SMS) and the process of integrating best practice SMS continues throughout the Industry.
This course focuses on the regulatory drivers related to the delivery of an effective Safety Management System Reporting Process and provides a comprehensive understanding of the regulations which drive the SMS obligations to generate and manage reports as well as the process of Accident & Incident Investigation driven by ICAO regulation
Annex 13 provides the international requirements for the investigation of aircraft accidents and incidents serving as a reference document for people around the world who may be called on, often without any lead time, to deal with the many aspects involved in the investigation of an aircraft accident or serious incident.
Whilst civil air transport is considered to be the safest means of transport, the potential never the less exists regarding the ongoing exposure to many potential dangers.
Safety Management Systems should focus extensively on the analysis of the data derived from the contributing elements of the various impacted areas.
Who is the Course for?
It is for persons who are actively involved in the management or Interaction or the organizations’ SMS including Quality Audit Staff, Nominated Persons, and business process owners, as well as anyone with an interest to achieve an effective understanding of the SMS Hazard Identification & Risk Mitigation and SMS reporting processes.
What is the Benefit of this Training –What will I learn?
a) Gain an awareness of the philosophy of safety management
b) Be able to explain the needs and benefits of an effective SMS Reporting System
c) Be able to deliver an SMS gap analysis process and generate findings
d) Understand the application of SMS within the business environment
e) Understand Roles and Responsibilities related to the Effective Implementation of an SMS reporting system
f) Be able to engage with effective risk assessment and deliver effective root cause analysis
g) Be able to engage with and apply effective SMS auditing techniques
h) Be able to acquire and manage Data within the SMS Environment
Detailed Content / Topics -The following Subjects will be addressed
– SMS Occurrence And Reporting Introduction
– Abbreviations and Definitions
– ICAO Regulatory Drivers for Safety Reporting
– Annex 13 Incident & Accident Investigation Methodology
– Accident/Incident Data Reporting (ADREP)
– The Role of Annex 6 Related to Safety Reporting
– What is the Current Status of SMS Occurrence Reporting Within your Organisation & Where are the Challenges?
– General Introduction to Safety Reporting
– Safety Management System Occurrence Reporting Considerations
– Aviation Safety Management Systems Risk Assessment Considerations
– Effective Safety Reporting
– Measuring Safety Performance of Safety Reporting Systems
– Safety Reporting Guidance for Aviation Employees
– Considering the Challenges to Effective Reporting
– Considerations Related to Aviation SMS Effective Safety Reporting Principles
– EASA SMS Reporting Mechanisms
– Line Operation Safety Assessment – LOSA
– Regulation (EU) 376 / 2014
– AMC 20-8
– Mandatory Occurrence Reports
– Voluntary Occurrence Reports
– Confidential Voluntary Occurrence Reports
– Considering Root Cause and Contributing Cause Analysis
– Auditing of Safety & Reporting Systems
– The Role of Organisational Culture in Aviation Safety Occurrence and Reporting
– Safety Reports Analysis Workshop Activity
– Exam & Debrief
This training is highly relevant for Senior Management, Safety Management as well as Quality Assurance Auditors. Business area Managers as well as other stakeholders in the SMS reporting System need to have a deep appreciation of the safety reporting process.
A background or understanding of Aviation Quality and Safety Systems
– To understand the fundamentals of Safety System Reporting
– To understand the practical challenges to Managing effective Safety Reporting Systems
– To deal effectively with the multiple issues arising
What do People Say About Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“I found satisfying answers to all my questions.”
“The instructor demonstrated a very deep knowledge of the subject.”
“The length of the course fits my needs and expectations.”
“The content was really effective, I gained a lot of new knowledge.”
“The practical examples were perfectly delivered.”
3 days – each day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
Sofema Aviation Services offers a flexible approach to developing all in-company training courses which are specific to the client’s needs. If you would like additional information concerning how course content may be configured to be more appropriate for your organization please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call +359 28210806