With SMS we have a set of regulations, which allow Industry to establish best-practice that fits different cultures and place the main emphasis and duty on improving safety performance. This requires a real “team effort” as regulator and airline are all part of one large system. Working as a team it will be possible to improve an already highly impressive safety record, and allow organisations to conduct more of their own oversight and assurance.
This 1 day training course develops the understanding of the organisations responsibility and how the key managers and executives can play a role in assisting to deliver a strong SMS system.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
-The Evolution of Safety Thinking
– Components of an SMS System
-EASA – SMS & Compliance Introduction
-Discipline, Just Culture and Beyond
– SMS Commitment
– Developing Organisational roles in support or our Safety Management System, Action Groups, Safety Review Board and the role of Safety Reps.
– Hazard Management Processes
– Developing the Training Program
– Developing SMS Management and Supporting Documentation.
– Understanding the responsibilities of the Safety Manager and the role of Quality Assurance and Safety Assurance in our Organisation
– Delivering a working SMS both cost effectively and ensuring we set and meet time constraints
– Effective Marketing and Raising Awareness
– Introduction to Emergency Response Planning
This course is aimed at Accountable Managers and Other post Holders.
A background in an aviation environment.
After this Training attendees will:
– Fully understand the ICAO SMS Requirements and the intent behind them.
– Understand SMS concepts and principles.
– Develop ideas to improve the quantity and quality of safety data collected.
– Understand the usefulness and limitations of Risk Assessment methods, Clearly understand the options available, and their effectiveness, for reducing and eliminating risk.
– Develop ideas on how to improve Risk Reduction processes in their own company.
1 Day – The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email email@example.com or Call + 359 28210806