The Aim of the course is to improve safety within the aviation industry and specifically provide Safety Managers with:
-Sufficient knowledge to understand how an SMS can work effectively within their company and what is required to make this happen
-An understanding of new concepts and industry best-practice
-An opportunity to share experiences and develop ideas
-An understanding of their own roles and responsibilities within an SMS and how they can contribute to improving safety performance
-The opportunity and the skills required to draft an implementation plan
-The expertise to lead and participate in an SMS implementation team
-The motivation and knowledge to contribute fully towards a continuous improvement in safety performance
The benefits of attending the course are:
-For delegates to clearly understand the options available, and their effectiveness, for reducing and eliminating risk
-For delegates to develop ideas on how to improve Risk Reduction processes in their own company.
-For delegates to be able to utilize goal-setting techniques to drive forward improvements in safety performance; and understand the relation to company and State safety objectives and targets
-To enable delegates to plan for improving and expanding in-house safety performance measurement
-For delegates to know how to become an effective leader or member for an SMS implementation team with ideas for organization change and review of procedures and processes
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
– What do we mean by Safety in Aviation?
– General Introduction
– What is the relationship between an SSP and an SMS?
– The Evolution of Safety Thinking
– Components of an SMS System
– Understanding the responsibilities of the Safety Manager and the role of Quality Assurance and Safety Assurance in our Organisation
– Regulatory Introduction
– Discipline, Just Culture and Beyond
– Managing Competencies
– SMS Commitment
– Developing Organisational roles in support or our Safety Management System, Action Groups, Safety Review Board and the role of Safety Reps
– The Five Fundamentals of Safety Risk Management
– Developing the Training Program
– Developing SMS management and Supporting Documentation
– Practical Understanding of the Role of Risk Assessment and Root Cause
– Delivering a working SMS both cost effectively and ensuring we set and meet time constraints
– Emergency Response Plan. Regulatory Requirements
This course is aimed at Flight & Ground Operations, Maintenance Facilities, Aerodromes & Air Traffic Control, Safety Managers/Officers, SMS Managers/Facilitators and other Key Position Holders.
A background in an aviation environment.
-To enable delegates to fully understand the ICAO SMS Requirements and the intent behind them.
-To enable delegates to identify the weak points in a “System” and use this information.
-To enable delegates to identify areas for improvement in their own Accident Prevention and Safety Management programmes.
-To enable delegates to understand SMS concepts and principles, and define an SMS that will suit the size and shape of their organisation.
-For delegates to develop ideas to improve the quantity and quality of safety data collected
-To enable delegates to understand the usefulness and limitations of Risk Assessment methods, and develop ideas for choosing a suitable method for their organization
-To enable delegates to understand how to change and build a workplace culture, and know their role in making this happen
2 days –The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call + +359 28210806