With SMS we have a set of regulations, which allow Industry to establish best-practice that fits different cultures and place the main emphasis and duty on improving safety performance. This requires a real “team effort” as regulators and airlines are all part of one large system. Working as a team it will be possible to improve an already highly impressive safety record and allow organisations to conduct more of their own oversight and assurance. This 1-day training course which is focused on the specific challenges faced by Small and Medium-sized organisations develops the understanding of the organisations responsibility and how the key managers and executives can play a role in assisting to deliver a strong SMS system.
Who is the Course for?
The course is specifically designed for employees and management personnel working in small to medium-sized organizations across various industries. The course aims to introduce participants to the concept of Safety Management Systems (SMS) and provide them with the fundamental knowledge and skills needed to establish and implement an effective SMS within their organization, tailored to their unique needs and challenges.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
Participants will learn the fundamental principles and concepts of Safety Management Systems (SMS). They will gain insights into the benefits of implementing an SMS tailored to the specific needs of small to medium-sized organizations. Additionally, attendees will be equipped with practical strategies to initiate and maintain an effective SMS, including risk assessment techniques, incident reporting procedures, and fostering a safety-oriented culture.
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
To improve safety within the aviation industry and specifically provide Quality
and Safety Managers with:
– Sufficient knowledge to understand how an SMS can work effectively within
their small to medium company and what is required to make this happen,
– An understanding of new concepts and Industry best-practice, an
understanding of their own roles and responsibilities within an SMS and how
they can contribute to improving safety performance,
– The opportunity and the skills required to draft an implementation plan, lead
and participate in an SMS implementation team,
– The motivation and knowledge to contribute fully towards a continuous
improvement in safety performance.
– General Introduction
– The Evolution of Safety Thinking
– Components of an SMS System
– ICAO Introduction / SMS Introduction
– Gap Analysis
– Developing Organisational roles in support or our Safety Management System,
Action Groups, Safety Review Board and the role of Safety Reps.
– The Five Fundamentals of Safety Risk Management
– Understanding the stages of effectively managing and measuring risk, through
– Developing the Training Program
– Managing SMS-related Competencies
– Developing SMS management and Supporting Documentation.
– Understanding the responsibilities of the Safety Manager and the role of
Quality Assurance and Safety Assurance in our Organisation
– Delivering a working SMS both cost-effectively and ensuring we set and
meet time constraints
– Effective Marketing and Raising Awareness
– Introduction to Emergency Response Planning
This course is aimed at Key staff in small to medium-sized organisations including Quality Managers, Safety Managers, Accountable Managers Post Holders, and Managers.
A background in an aviation environment is an advantage together with an understanding of the role of the Quality Assurance, Safety Assurance, and Quality Control process within the organization.
– After this Training attendees will:
– Fully understand the ICAO SMS Requirements and the intent behind them.
– Understand SMS concepts and principles.
– Develop ideas to improve the quantity and quality of safety data collected.
– Understand the usefulness and limitations of Risk Assessment methods, Clearly understand the options available, and their effectiveness, for reducing and eliminating risk.
– Develop ideas on how to improve Risk Reduction processes in their own company.
What do People Say About Sofema Aviation Services Training?
“The instructor used the right words to explain the material.”
“The discussions among the group were very beneficial.”
“The instructor showed very resourceful background and experience.”
“All sections of the course were related to my field.”
“Adequate answers were given to specific questions.”
1 day – The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
To register for this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +359 28210806