November 24, 2022
On 31 October 2022 Sofema organised a free-of-charge CAMO Online Workshop for 17 delegates who completed the
Sofema Online CAMO Diploma
We offered to facilitate the workshop to provide an opportunity to understand a number of CAMO pinch points and to provide a forum for general discussion. It was a pleasure to organise the workshop!
During the 2-hour event, the instructor – Steve Bentley FRAeS – CEO of Sofema Aviation Services, covered many topics including:
- EASA Regulatory update
- General Review of Challenges to effective CAMO Management
- SMS Hazards & Risks within the CAMO Environment
- Managing CAMO Competence
- Managing Maintenance Contracts
General discussions took place with detailed answers to questions raised by the participants:
- The role of MCC and where they belong between CAMO and Part 145
- What constitutes acceptable training in the “eyes” of the CAA?
- What are the added responsibilities of the CAM with the new regulation?
- Who should have the overall responsibility of the integrated risk management between a contracted CAMO in one country and an AOC in another country?
- How to demonstrate ERP integration between CAMO/Part 145 and with the Customers (AOCs)
All attendees shared their satisfaction with many positive reviews shared with Sofema:
“The instructor proved a high level of knowledge, communication, and training skills.”
“The workshop was very good and gave more explanations to various questions. I am really looking forward to another workshop event, it gives me confidence that I am with the right institution of learning and I will definitely recommend it to my colleagues in the Airworthiness department.”
“This experience has much improved my aviation knowledge.”
Thank you to all participants for attending the CAMO Workshop!
Sofema will keep organising such events in support of our customers’ training development
Airworthiness, aviation, CAMO Management, CAMO Online Workshop, EASA Part – CAMO, EASA Regulatory update, Feedback, Online Training, SMS Hazards, Sofema Online, SOL Training