Amending Regulation (EU) No 1321/2014
Subject – Maintenance Data and the Installation of Certain Aircraft Components During Maintenance
Summary review carried out by Sofema Aviation Services (SAS) www.sassofia.com
New components are installed during aircraft maintenance:
- Accompanied by an EASA Form 1 issued in accordance with Commission Regulation (EU) No 748/2012
- Regulation (EU) No 748/2012 has been recently amended by Commission Regulation (EU) 2021/699 – Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2021/699 of 21 December 2020 amending and correcting Regulation (EU) No 748/2012 as regards
o The instructions for continued airworthiness,
o The production of parts to be used during maintenance and
o The consideration of ageing aircraft aspects during certification to remove the requirement to certify the conformity of the new components for which their effect on the safety of the operation of aircraft is negligible in case of non-conformity with their design and to permit their installation in type-certified products without the issuance of an EASA Form 1.
Regulation (EU) No 1321/2014 should also be amended to allow such new components to be installed during maintenance.
- For components maintained, an EASA Form 1 should be issued in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1321/2014 in order to attest that the identified maintenance work on those components has been conducted in accordance with the applicable requirements.
- In order to achieve the same objective of proportionality and efficiency as in the recently amended Regulation (EU) No 748/2012, Regulation (EU) No 1321/2014 should introduce the same alleviations as regards the maintenance of components for which the issuance of an EASA Form 1 is not required.
- 1321/2014 to be updated related to ICAW changes in relation to the identification, approval, formatting, and availability of the Instructions for Continuing Airworthiness (ICA).
- Transition period amended due Covid for the approvals of organisations involved in the continuing airworthiness, including maintenance. From 24 September 2021 to 24 March 2022.
Annex I to Regulation (EU) No 1321/2014 is amended as follows:
M.A.305(e)(3), point (iii) is replaced by the following:
The CRS and owner’s acceptance statement for any component that is fitted to an ELA2 aircraft without an EASA Form 1 in accordance with point 21.A.307(b)(2) of Annex I (Part 21) to Regulation (EU) No 748/2012 but covering a period not shorter than 36 months.
M.A.401, point (b) is replaced by the following:
- For the purposes of this Annex, applicable maintenance data is any of the following:
- any applicable requirement, procedure, standard or information issued by the competent authority or the Agency;
- Any applicable airworthiness directive;
- The applicable instructions for continuing airworthiness and other maintenance instructions, issued by the type-certificate holder, supplementary type-certificate holder and any other organisation that publishes such data in accordance with Annex I (Part 21) to Regulation (EU) No 748/2012;
- For components approved for installation by the design approval holder, the applicable maintenance instructions published by the component manufacturers and acceptable to the design approval holder;
- Any applicable data issued in accordance with point 145.A.45(d)
M.A.501(a), point (1) is replaced by the following:
Components which are in a satisfactory condition, released on an EASA Form 1 or equivalent and marked in accordance with Subpart Q of Annex I (Part 21) to Regulation (EU) No 748/2012, unless otherwise specified in point 21.A.307 of Annex I (Part 21) to Regulation (EU) No 748/2012, or in this Annex (Part-M), or in Annex Vd (Part-CAO).
Follow this link to our Library to find & Download related documents for Free.
Sofema Aviation Services www.sassofia.com and Sofema Online www.sofemaonline.com provide classroom, Webinar and online – EASA regulatory complaint and vocational training – for comments & questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft components, aviation, Commission Regulation (EU) 2021/699, Commission Regulation (EU) No 748/2012, EASA, EASA Form 1, EASA regulations, Maintenance Data, Regulation (EU) 2021/699, Regulation (EU) 2021/700 of 26 March, Regulation (EU) No 1321/2014, Regulation (EU) No 748/2012, SAS blogs