Sofema Aviation Services (SAS) www.sassofia.com considers the requirements to issue a Certificate of Fitness for Flight in accordance with APPENDIX VII TO CAR-145
A Certificate of Fitness for Flight is required to be issued to release an aircraft for a flight when it is not possible to issue a Certificate of Release to Service due to:
- The need to fly the aircraft under Flight Permit in accordance with CAR-RCA section 8
- The need to conduct Maintenance Check Flight, as required where a maintenance check is not considered complete (therefore, Certificate of Release could not be signed) without the completion of the check flight as required by the maintenance data or the organisation’s procedures. (Permit not required for MCF)
The Certificate for Fitness for Flight shall be issued in accordance with the procedures defined in the Maintenance Organisation Exposition.
For the issue of the Certificate of Fitness for Flight, the organisation shall ensure that:
- The aircraft is in compliance with the Approved Maintenance Program and with any other mandatory airworthiness requirements, except for the deviations from the mandatory airworthiness requirements that warrant flight conduct under flight permit conditions,
- Details of non-compliance with the airworthiness requirements are recorded,
- There are no known conditions or defects that can endanger the safe operation of the aircraft,
- All the necessary placards for the conduct of the flight are installed,
- Details of any restriction/limitations considered necessary for the safe operations of the aircraft are reviewed and recorded,
- If applicable to the specific Flight Permit or maintenance check flight, all necessary pre-flight checks are carried out and recorded,
- Details of the necessary tests required to be carried out by the crew or any other person involved in the flight are made available.
Issue of Certificate of Fitness for Flight
The Certificate of Fitness for Flight shall be issued only by:
- A holder of an aircraft maintenance engineers licence, appropriately type rated for the particular aircraft and authorised as being competent to issue such a certificate under the terms of approval granted to the organisation by the GCAA;
- A person whom the GCAA has authorised to issue a Certificate of Fitness For Flight in a particular case and in accordance with that authority; or
- A person approved by the GCAA as being competent to issue such certificates, and in accordance with that approval.
- All records and supporting documents referred to during the issue of the Certificate of Fitness for Flight should be retained and presented to the GCAA when requested.
- A copy of the Certificate of Fitness for Flight should be presented to the GCAA to support the application for Flight Permit.
Note: Where it is practically not feasible to produce a Certificate of Fitness for Flight at the time of application for a flight permit, such a certificate may be presented to the GCAA upon it being issued.
Follow this link to our Library to find & Download related documents for Free.
Sofema Aviation Services www.sassofia.com and Sofema Online www.SofemaOnline.com provide Classroom, Webinar and online training for EASA, FAA as well as UAE GCAA regulations. Please see our websites or email us at email@example.com.
145 Maintenance Organisation, Aircraft, Airworthiness, APPENDIX VII, Approved Maintenance Program (AMP), aviation safety, Car 145, Certificate, Certificate of Release to Service (CRS), Compliance, Fitness for Flight, Flight, GCAA, Maintenance Check Flight (MCF), SAS blogs