Sofema Aviation Services (SAS) considers the expectations and deliverables related to the use of FDA Software
Looking at the following products:
Flight Data Analysis (FDA) Software – Introduction & Overview
Flight Data Monitoring (FDM), Flight Data Analysis (FDA), and Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA) are different names of the same element of the Safety Management System (SMS). Establishing a sustainable SMS is crucial for airline safety.
The translation from aircraft flight data to significant information enables the Airlines to detect deviations and trends that may emerge to launch preventive/corrective actions.
- Jointly developed and supported by AIRBUS and Teledyne Controls.
- Flight Data Analysis (FDA) solution that allows Airlines to maintain their flight operations monitoring programs.
- Comply with ICAO, EASA, CAA, and FAA requirements.
- Measurement, analysis, and reporting software tool.
- Handling operational performance and risk assessment monitoring.
Flight Analysis Program (FAP)
- The FAP is a list of deviations resulting from the FDA to identify the occurrence of events that indicate exceedances that may have occurred during aircraft operations.
- A FAP is specific to an aircraft/engine/recording configuration and may also be uniquely tailored to the Airline’s requirements.
- Flight Analysis and Reporting.
- To identify areas of operational risks and precursors to unsafe Flight Operations (abnormal events and deviations).
- The events and risk precursors are color-coded based on their level of severity.
- The Flight Analysis function is also a powerful statistical tool enabling statistical analysis to create ready-to-use reports such as events report by flight phase, statistics report as well as trends report to continuously assess and monitor operational risks and track appropriate remedial actions.
- Flight Profile and Animation (advanced 3D flight visualization.)
o View the flight path trace,
o Replay flights in real time,
o Review events of interest in second-by-second sequence,
o Access virtual flight deck instruments, flag deviations and exceedances, and
o Examine the take-off and landing phases.
- Airport Visualization
o Display a set of flights in 2D and stack them over navigational charts for advanced investigative purposes.
XPressA™ Flight Data Monitoring and Analysis
Provides a reliable Flight Data Monitoring process, Flight Data Analysis, and Maintenance Operations Quality Assurance:
- FDA-FDM-FOQA application is a software solution which can either be installed on the air operator’s central server or used as solution on a cloud server.
- Input data corresponds to FDR, QAR, DFDAU, etc. raw data using any ARINC format.
- Conversion of raw data to engineering units (when inspection needs to go back to source file in the investigation);
- Direct access to “events list” organized between piloting techniques and aircraft health events;
- Curves of parameters and curve templates related to user and aircraft specifications;
- Output or partial or global recorded parameters in tabulated files;
- Direct access to 3D flight path to be used in Google Earth;
- Compliant with ICAO DOC9859 AN/474, ICAO DOC10000, IATA ORG3.3.13, EASA: Regulation (EU) No 965/2012.
Next Steps – Flight Data Monitoring Further Guidance
Follow this link to our Library to find & Download related support documents.
Sofema Aviation Services www.sassofia.com offers classroom training in Flight Data Monitoring techniques & Sofema Online www.sofemaonline.com offers an intensive online course covering all the fundamentals of an effective Flight Data Monitoring System. For additional details please visit our websites or email email@example.com
aviation, aviation safety, Aviation SMS, Aviation Training, EASA, FDA, FDA Software, FDM/FDA programme, Flight Analysis Program, Flight Data Analysis, Flight Data Analysis (FDA), Safety Management System, SAS blogs, SMS, Sofema Aviation Services, Sofema Online