The focus of this 5 day course is to identify, encourage and enhance your Classroom Instructional Skills. Learning from professionals how to define a training program, best practice methods for facilitation and presenting. Understand how to perform a Training Needs Analysis and to develop material and content. Ensuring the delivery of an active and engaging learning experience for the delegates.
This course aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the requirement for effective training in the maintenance environment both Part 147 & Part 145 and provides a range of learning techniques to enable you to deliver strong and effective training. The course is extremely intensive highly practical, and promotes best training practices.
Extensive use is made of group exercises, case studies and feedback.
The delegate will receive pre course work in support of this training to add value to the practical elements of this training. In addition the delegate will make several short presentations throughout the training and will develop a typical training program for a maintenance related subject.
Who is the Course for?
The course is primarily focused on the needs of the 147 Instructor to be compliant with the obligation to complete Instructional Techniques Training.
The course will also be of interest to persons who are interested in becoming Aviation Technical Instructors (Both EASA Part 147 and EASA Part 145) or wishing to hone existing skills.
What is the Benefit of this Training – What will I learn?
a) Understand the structure, composition and impact of EASA Part 147 & Part 66 Regulations
b) Considering the need for EASA 145 Organisation Training
c) Understand the Adult Learning Experience – Andragogy
d) Understand the best use of instructional tools and techniques to enhance instruction
e) Understand techniques to optimize and deliver practical presentations
f) Focus on the development of your communication skills.
g) Learn how to create a lesson plan that incorporates the range of learning activities
h) Developing effective visual aids and supporting materials
i) Developing Course Material and delivering an effective Training Needs Analysis
J) Learn how to motivate participants and to maintain attention
k) How to ensure participants active involvement throughout the training.
l) Consider group learning and collaborative learning techniques.
m) Stay up to date with industry instructional techniques
n) How to manage difficult students and topics
Why Should I choose SAS for the training?
Sofema Aviation Services a Regulatory training and consulting company with 45 years commercial aviation experience and 10 years operational experience. Since we started we have provided certificates to approx.15,000 delegates we have grown for 2 primary reasons!
The first is that we are professional and we listen to our customers. Please visit our download area as an example of how we engage with our customer https://sassofia.com/download-area/
The second is not only the fact that our prices are far more cost effective than our competitors it is that our discount program leaves all the others way behind – please do not take our word for it check it out! https://sassofia.com/sas-customer-benefits/sas-discount-program/
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed
- General Introduction
- Understand the structure, composition and impact of EASA Part 147 & Part 66 Regulations
- Considering the need for EASA 145 Organisation Training
- Management and Oversight issues related to EASA Part 147 (Type & Basic) & Part 145
- Considering the different Roles of Instructor & Assessor – Theoretical & Practical
- The Challenges of Training an Adult Group – the Adult Learning Experience – Andragogy
- Delivering Effective Training – Personal Considerations
- The Maintenance Trainer’s Learning Path
- Introduction to Student Learner Styles
- Introductions Icebreakers and Warm Ups
- Basic Needs Maslow – Arousal & Learning
- What is Motivation – How to encourage
- Creating a Positive Learning Atmosphere
- Learning Styles – how to maximise absorption
- Understanding the role of Extrinsic & Intrinsic Motivation
- Developing the Aviation Training Program – Practical Considerations
- Organisational Safety Culture and the impact on Adult Training
- Curriculum Design to comply with Andragogical Principles
- Learn how to motivate participants and to maintain attention
- Designing your own Presentation – Principles and Fundamentals
- Communicating – Verbal & Non Verbal
- Giving Feedback , how when and where
- Speaking in Public– Developing your Skills
- Practical Speaking – Workshop activity
- Building Classroom effectiveness using different teaching Styles
- Balancing Presentation, Motivation, Debate & Discussion
- Non Verbal Communication
- Considering the Phases of Instruction
- Relationship Management and Emotional Intelligence
- Where do we use Coaching Skills what is Facilitation?
- Teaching Styles – Deductive or Inductive? (Where to use & When)
- Trainer and Instructor Considerations
- The Use of Case Studies
- Training Aids and Additional Presentation Techniques
- Checklists and Practical Preparation Considerations
- Designing your own Course Material
- Performing an effective Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- Lesson Planning
- Delivering your own Individual Presentation – 30 mins (Each Delegate)
- Review & Close Out
This course will be of very significant benefit to potential trainers who need to have the necessary competence to deliver effective courses in the organisation.
Training Department Managers and other Training staff will also benefit from attendance at this course.
A background in an aviation maintenance environment with either a relevant Degree of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Licence
After attending this course, participants should be able to develop a company specific Training program compliant with 145 requirements for both Initial and recurrent training.
5 Days – Each day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
Start date: March 26, 2018
End date: March 30, 2018
Price: 1405 USD
Venue: Mjets Facilities Don Mueang, Bangkok, Thailand